+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Kari Arnason

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    I read this excellent post and before I had to say "Hear, Hear", Basingstoke jumps in with more negativity.

FFS, McInnes, why aren't you signing Ronaldo? And Bale? They both want to leave Madrid. Go get them.
    Probably because they wouldn’t be interested in signing for us. However I’ve heard that there are leagues in the rest of the world not just England.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    It wasn’t down to him though,he was lucky he had McKenna playing alongside him instead of Reynolds.

If we didn’t give McKenna his chance and AOC and Reynolds were the first choice centre backs we wouldn’t have finished 2nd or had the 2nd best defensive record.
    If we didn't.......but we did give McKenna his chance. And we did finish second and we did have the 2nd best defensive record. Even with.....see Neil's postings about all our useless players and our useless manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Whoever we sign from league 1 will have the rest of the Europa league teams quaking at the prospect of facing such technically brilliant footballers
    Pretty much what that bloke Potter did with Osterund in Norway.

But it`s ok. I`ve driven through Basingstoke. I understand your pain.

you have a full season of crap to look forward to. Enjoy it !!

COYR

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Pretty much what that bloke Potter did with Osterund in Norway.

But it`s ok. I`ve driven through Basingstoke. I understand your pain.

you have a full season of crap to look forward to. Enjoy it !!

COYR
    Potter managed them in Sweden and had 3 English players in his team oh wow he’s critiqued Basingstoke I’m really going to get upset

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    If we didn't.......but we did give McKenna his chance. And we did finish second and we did have the 2nd best defensive record. Even with.....see Neil's postings about all our useless players and our useless manager.
    I never said we had useless players or the manager is useless.

I said O’Connor was useless because he was,I don’t agree with mason much but imagine how good the season could have been if we had a decent defender alongside McKenna.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I never said we had useless players or the manager is useless.

I said O’Connor was useless because he was.
    Ahem

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Ahem
    Just my opinion Red John.

I’m not blowing smoke up McInnes erse but saying he is useless is a tad too far.

I would say bar one or two the majority of our squad have their uses,we have had teams full of useless players in the past but not now.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Probably because they wouldn’t be interested in signing for us. However I’ve heard that there are leagues in the rest of the world not just England.
    OK, but we need to someone to scout those leagues. This is the real world not Football Manager.

There are several advantages to signing players from England; similar style of football, cultural/language adjustment not an issue. The main drawback is that it's the most inflated market in the world. If we widen the net then North Western Europe is the best place to start. But if it was that easy to find a higher calibre of player in Scandinavia or the Netherlands then everyone would be signing players from those countries.

We used to sign a high calibre of player from the Netherlands when we were a bigger name and had a relatively much higher budget. Under Calderwood we signed Jeffrey De Visscher, Dyron Daal and Dave Bus. Scottish football was awash with mediocre foreign players in the late 90s. We signed guys like Kiriakov and Komboaure who looked great on paper but were ultimately p*sh.

We're operating under the same budgetary constraints whether we're shopping in England or elsewhere. We shouldn't kid ourselves that there's a huge untapped supply of higher quality players out there just waiting for us to call their club.

**** him like!!
    First time I seen h get the Hall he punts it long ball into the box!
    Yet he slagged The Scottish game and saidiit was all long balls!!
    **** off Kari

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    It`s really quite amazing how e finished second again given how many poor players we have !!

A team in transition, losing our most effective attacker in Hayes. Christie playing for half a season ( as a show pony ) Rooney NOt getting a start or being played out wide. McGinn gone, then back but not firinig on all cylinders. Greg Stewart too slow and fat, May all over the place and unable to gel or score. Logan off form. O Conner ,...sheeeite ( ?! ) . Considine, .....you fill your own description in pls , Ball rubbish. McLean rubbish because he didn`t grow a moustache. And Lewis , hells teeth even he had a bad game. One . And maybe a couple more glitches. And then there was that GMS. hot and cold. Not up to standard really.

Have I missed anything out ? Oh Aye. McInnes. Jeeeezzz. Wrong teams, poor planning, all his signings were duff. No visio, a Hun traitor. It`s all his fault.

Yet we still finished second....again !! Ah, but look at what we didin`t do in the Cups. we should have won two or more by now. He`ll have to go. There are loads of other managers out there with good or better records. We should have got Jack Ross. Or Jim McIntyre.

Right,. So that was last season. it`s done. It`s over. And we came second again.....eventually. We beat Celtic in Glasgow with Considine scoring . So a great last day.

But it`s all over. So come guys. Can we just move on , and look forward to supporting this really crappy team again next Season. We`ve already signed three players , ( who of course will be rubbish ) and we can look forward to getting another one or two in soon . From EL 1. Who`ll be rubbish. and a couple of loanees . They`ll be rubbish too.

I can`t wait. Bring it on. COYR !!!!
    Hear Hear
    Fantastic post.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast