+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Kari Arnason

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    What’s their excuse from dropping and raising their standards?
    I think it’s unlikely they’ll go through a season winning every game but they won’t drop their standards depending on the opposition

Newsflash! It is entirely possible to celebrate moderate success whilst accepting limitations, shortcomings, near misses, off days, if-onlys, etc, whilst also demanding/expecting/wishing for improvement, not only in entertaining play, but in 'cups-in-the-cab'.

The great anomaly on here is that, the so-called Happy Clappers rarely if ever state doubts that we can/should improve, yet the 'pants-ρishers demand improvement whilst wringin oot their pants-ρish ower any spark o' hope that this might actually occur.

Ah seem tae remember, nae so lang ago, that even the moderately positive amongst us would reduce their whole argument to one word .... "Believe"

Newsflash! It is entirely possible to believe without being deluded, and entirely possible to be comfortable in our belief that we felt no need to 'bully' unbelievers/otherwise-believers into 'believing' .... it was/is their loss ... but they were always welcome to join ... even if they brought their doubts along like a personal 'sookie-blanket'.

As I read things, the only thing we all accept re. second place is, that it's better than third, or less, .... better than our resources give us a right to, better than the huns.

... Not as good as Celtic, true ... but ... in terms o' budget, and in terms o' the League, ffs ... are we expectin oor Robin Reliant tae overtake a Mercedes, and stay ahead til oor tank rins oot and hope we've done enough?

... well, Ah 'believe' ... we're potentially on the right track. A cup next season is within oor capability ... and we've twa shottys ... 'believe!'

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I think it’s unlikely they’ll go through a season winning every game but they won’t drop their standards depending on the opposition
    Something we agree on.
    I’ve said many a time before.
    We have been their closest challengers in recent years and thus they don’t drop their standards against us, whilst lower teams get that occasional benefit.

I personally believe we can win things and I personally believe we could have given the pigs a better go last season

But I also believe the club/some fans/teams lack of belief has led to an acceptance and belief that second is what its all about

Anyway onwards and upwards with a huge game to start. Dinna f@ck it up

Good luck Kari min
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 17-06-2018 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Something we agree on.
    I’ve said many a time before.
    We have been their closest challengers in recent years and thus they don’t drop their standards against us, whilst lower teams get that occasional benefit.
    You just agreed then totally disagreed.

And that belief/lack of same is understandable ... and, dare I say, realistic. But it disna preclude the belief that we can, and maybe will dae better.

I didn’t.
    They don’t drop their standards against the huns or us.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post

are we expectin oor Robin Reliant tae overtake a Mercedes, '
    See Young Boys Bern.

4.5m Euro budget last season while Basel got 40m of the Champions league alone and all the monies included from the previous 6 seasons. BSCYB have never qualified for the Champions league before. Basel have more money than the whole league combined and have for a long time

Who are the newly crowned champions? Young Boys definitely believed

Hopp YB, they give us all hope

Cant we just have a proper go and not believe the league is won in August for a change

classic afc1903mad stuff there. Normally he leaves it a couple of posts but to do it in the same post is impressive.

Like the Fast Show character that agrees and disagrees with everyone down the pub.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    classic afc1903mad stuff there. Normally he leaves it a couple of posts but to do it in the same post is impressive.

Like the Fast Show character that agrees and disagrees with everyone down the pub.
    Indecisive Dave.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast