+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2030 World Cup

2030 World Cup

https://www.theguardian.com/football...2030-world-cup

FIFA have had talks over a Scotland/England/Ireland/Wales tournament

Nae chance of it coming to Aberdeen as we will still be waiting to find out where the money is coming from for the new stadium

Do they actually play WC matches in small 20k stadiums?

Quote Originally Posted by theram1975 View Post
    Do they actually play WC matches in small 20k stadiums?
    Judging by the attendance at the Egypt Uruguay game they would be better packing out a 20k stadium rather than having so many empty seats. Mind you if they charged a decent price rather than a small fortune that would have the same effect!

Opening it up to 48 teams and having to host it across 3 countries is just getting stupid. There's still just half a dozen teams capable of winning it. No doubt it's fifa wanting to maximise the money they make out of it.

Even then, Scotland will still fail to qualify...

Quote Originally Posted by kb_don View Post
    Opening it up to 48 teams and having to host it across 3 countries is just getting stupid. There's still just half a dozen teams capable of winning it. No doubt it's fifa wanting to maximise the money they make out of it.

Even then, Scotland will still fail to qualify...
    Surely this thread will get even more posts than the Sevco thread. 12 years to go. My guess is 11,382 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by kb_don View Post
    Opening it up to 48 teams and having to host it across 3 countries is just getting stupid.

Exactly, it just means even more teams to get pumped. Look at Saudi. Pretty much always gash. They will now always qualify as they are the best of a bad bunch and then teams sh@ter than them, for example Iraq or Qatar(without bribing their way in) or Yemen or some dross will be appearing at the Masonic Milne Dome or Hampden or wherever to get slaughtered by Croatia or Mexico. God/Allah knows what a Brazil or Germany do

5mins stoppage time used up by the VAR p1sh. Costa Rican gaffer doing his nut

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    5mins stoppage time used up by the VAR p1sh. Costa Rican gaffer doing his nut
    Pish isn't sensored.

I thought it was a good decision to go to VAR there. It was the Costa Rican boys fault for being a cheating ****.

UK has a good chance now that cheating Blatter and his cohorts have been kicked out. I still can't quite believe it when he said Qatar won the world cup. I have worked in Qatar, the heat was un believable.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    UK has a good chance now that cheating Blatter and his cohorts have been kicked out. I still can't quite believe it when he said Qatar won the world cup. I have worked in Qatar, the heat was un believable.
    I canna believe Qatar will be in a world cup. They will get blootered by everyone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast