+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rickie Lambert

Rickie Lambert

What does everyone make of the link to Rickie Lambert? Possibly a good signing for this division

I agree it would be a good signing
    Depending on length of deal and wages of course.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I agree it would be a good signing
    Depending on length of deal and wages of course.
    It's probably down to how much of a pay-cut he's willing to take. He might well be interested in getting guaranteed game-time at this stage of his career, but I'd have thought his salary would be very high.
    Are there no Championship teams interested?

Sounds dreadful to me. I know we are now in the 3rd tier and beggars cant be choosers....but this nightmarish obsession with buying or offering high wages to anyone or everyone approaching 40 is bonkers........I am sick of hearing this"I value experience"rubbish!

If there was a prize for getting your team as old as possible we would be Juventus only competitors!!

I can't imagine we would be offering high wages down in league one
    Maybe this is why he is waiting for offers first
    I would prefer us to go for Armstrong on loan he has connections with Mowbray and even though the likelihood is slim for him to drop back into league one he would annihilate this division.

BBC reporting that Lambert has left Cardiff by mutual consent so possibly a step closer to joining

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)