+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lenihan interest

Lenihan interest

Sheffield United have tabled 2 failed bids for lenihan
    Now I understand your best players are always going to generate interest but if you are going to bid for one please try harder than 400,000 an absolute joke of an offer
    Try a minimum of a zero on the end before it should be considered
    One of very few players to leave last season with their head held high
    Leave the joke offers for journeymen not a talent like lenihan.

Reported 5 million price tag
    Too bloody right that should end Sheffield United's interest as for the other teams looking at him dig deep or do one.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Reported 5 million price tag
    Too bloody right that should end Sheffield United's interest as for the other teams looking at him dig deep or do one.
    I like that price. It should scare off all but the seriously rich clubs...for the moment, anyway. When it comes to deadline-day, however, who knows? I'm not convinced he's quite worth THAT sum, but the offers below a million were ridiculous.

Coming from the era we do Aucks, the monies 'bandied about' for fellas doin what they do ie following a career of choice doing something that many many others would cut their right arm off for, just beggars belief.
    However, in the cold rationale of financial terms that abounds in this golden era ( for the chosen few) and the windfall of monies in this ultra commercial global 'sport' that is pro football - I disagree - yes IMO he's worth that.
    From what I have seen of him at this stage, he's as good as M Keane, as a direct comparison of what I observed of him.

Yes,putting a high price on Lenighan should scare off the bargain hunters.

Interestingly,this high price inflation in players value,could help them with their debt long-term,so they may be here for 20-30 years. As an investment,it would make perfect sense. Good to see TM has no interest in Lambert,but if Stokes is out of the door,one striker is surely too few....one more striker to sign,asnd one on loan hopefully,also.

So they return with 1.5 million and wilder has claimed he wouldn't go to the press claiming bids were a joke if it were one of his players
    Yeah right
    So 400,000 for lenihan isn't a joke offer followed by 500,000
    This latest offer of 1.5 million should get a no deal they need to at the very least add a million on to that before it gets any consideration
    Sheffield United are being very vocal
    Unsettling tactics once more
    If Liverpool get told off over van dykk then the same should apply here.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)