+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Do you have any sympathy for drug takers

They need to get cannabis legalised for medical use ASAP, it's wonder drug for quite a few conditions. Apparently they're now looking into it for cancer finally, they want to hurry up as cannabis oil has a good record for some cancers. I actually know someone it looks to have cured.

How do you know that taking cannabis cured them?

I know a few people who have been cured without taking cannabis.

Like what's been said even if they're legal it won't stop scum

Like running across a busy road you get away with it most of the time but sooner or later.....splat

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    The point is that if alcohol were illegal people would still drink it, but it would be made in somebody's basement rather than by a brewery that has to comply with all sorts of quality standards.

If alcohol were illegal there would likely many deaths from drinking "bad" alcohol that was more poisonous/dangerous as a result. This is exactly what happens with drugs, the recent case of "bad" MDMA is because somebody has made a batch that if it were legal would never have been consumed.

MDMA is safer (and apparently a lot more fun) than riding a horse.

I have just as much sympathy for somebody who falls off a horse and gets paralysed as I do for somebody who is seriously hurt by bad drugs resulting to backwards government policy that does way more harm than good.

Also, there is a HUGE distinction between recreational and addictive drug use. People aren't stealing to fund an MDMA habit - though nor are all heroin users.
    All very true. The quote I heard from the surgeon who worked on Leah Betts (who was the girl that died after drinking too much water because of misinformation and bad education about taking MDMA). He said that if you had never tried peanuts before, you were more likely to die from eating peanuts than taking MDMA for the first time.

I personally just think we have to de-criminalise drug taking and educate more. Look at the Dutch, they have one of the most liberal approaches to drug taking yet their drug addiction rates are amongst the lowest in Europe. Why? Education.

I did hear that Leeds festival this year are allowing drug users to test their drugs for purity/strength. A small step in the right direction.

Never measure a man until you've
    walked in his moccasins for a mile !

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    Never measure a man until you've
    walked in his moccasins for a mile !
    Good idea, you're 1 mile away with a free pair of moccasins

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    The point is that if alcohol were illegal people would still drink it, but it would be made in somebody's basement rather than by a brewery that has to comply with all sorts of quality standards.

If alcohol were illegal there would likely many deaths from drinking "bad" alcohol that was more poisonous/dangerous as a result. This is exactly what happens with drugs, the recent case of "bad" MDMA is because somebody has made a batch that if it were legal would never have been consumed.

MDMA is safer (and apparently a lot more fun) than riding a horse.

I have just as much sympathy for somebody who falls off a horse and gets paralysed as I do for somebody who is seriously hurt by bad drugs resulting to backwards government policy that does way more harm than good.

Also, there is a HUGE distinction between recreational and addictive drug use. People aren't stealing to fund an MDMA habit - though nor are all heroin users.
    john Alcohol is banned and illegal in many parts of the world, but when its taken illegally very few deaths or crime.

Legalising drugs is legalising crime!

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post

I don't know about curing cancer but I do know it helps with the sickness and loss of appetite you get from chemotherapy. In some states in America it's illegal but can be given by their doctor legally with a card saying it's for medical reasons in case cops pull them over

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post

Cannabis oil. Without proper in depth testing I wouldn't claim anything for sure, which my post didn't do.

Tumours either shrinking quicker or going completely in some cases so called incurable ones, not following the pattens of the normal treatments, with cannabis oil the only thing the people are doing different. It's not all cancers but if they tested it and it was found to be cannabis oil that was doing it, it could be a big step forward in finding a proper cure.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast