+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: O/T Do you have any sympathy for drug takers

Like 'Breaking Bad' cop said..

"We consider it a gateway drug "

And those susceptible to addiction will fall through the gate.....

I wish there had been warnings about women.....they're bad for you too if you get a bad batch......sorry ....bitch....!

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    john Alcohol is banned and illegal in many parts of the world, but when its taken illegally very few deaths or crime.
    Sure, but alcohol is so widely produced that this globalised era its easy to import alcohol into these countries.

A better comparison would be moonshine of the prohibition era which was made illicitly and used to be contaminated with antifreeze or lead, both of which caused severe health complications or death that would not have resulted had it been legal.

We have a huge problem in our society where people who haven't taken drugs and don't have a clue what they are like or what they do are telling young people about what they are like and what they do.

The problem is young people are taking drugs and they discover that what they have been told isn't what they are actually like.

It is this a little experimentation and finding out you've been "lied to" or misled that is far more likely to make young people experiment with more dangerous drugs. Lack of trust is the ultimate gateway.

Drugs like MDMA are way more safe than many "socially acceptable" hobbies such as horse riding - and for many people a lot more fun - and a positive part of their life. I've been sober around people on MDMA and sober around people on alcohol and I much prefer the former.

People take all things to extremes, its true of all drugs, its true of alcohol. There are many drugs are far safer than alcohol. Doctors and academic confirm these facts. If something is safer and more enjoyable for someone than alcohol - why would somebody rather their child was drinking instead?

The laws are abritrary, they are not based on fact, they do not work. They harm young people.

The best way to deal with drugs is to talk about facts and reality, and let people make informed decisions safely rather than on mindless hysteria.

Do how many of you do drugs?

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Sure, but alcohol is so widely produced that this globalised era its easy to import alcohol into these countries.

A better comparison would be moonshine of the prohibition era which was made illicitly and used to be contaminated with antifreeze or lead, both of which caused severe health complications or death that would not have resulted had it been legal.

We have a huge problem in our society where people who haven't taken drugs and don't have a clue what they are like or what they do are telling young people about what they are like and what they do.

The problem is young people are taking drugs and they discover that what they have been told isn't what they are actually like.

It is this a little experimentation and finding out you've been "lied to" or misled that is far more likely to make young people experiment with more dangerous drugs. Lack of trust is the ultimate gateway.

Drugs like MDMA are way more safe than many "socially acceptable" hobbies such as horse riding - and for many people a lot more fun - and a positive part of their life. I've been sober around people on MDMA and sober around people on alcohol and I much prefer the former.

People take all things to extremes, its true of all drugs, its true of alcohol. There are many drugs are far safer than alcohol. Doctors and academic confirm these facts. If something is safer and more enjoyable for someone than alcohol - why would somebody rather their child was drinking instead?

The laws are abritrary, they are not based on fact, they do not work. They harm young people.

The best way to deal with drugs is to talk about facts and reality, and let people make informed decisions safely rather than on mindless hysteria.
    John I fully respect your right to take drugs and make a compelling defence, but there is more crime associated with Drugs. Also I can recognise someone who needs avoiding whose worse for on alcohol but the druggies are equally unpredictable but you cant always tell.

I still believe burglaries will increase if drugs were legalised for non middle class who dont have the income for such recreations

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    John I fully respect your right to take drugs and make a compelling defence, but there is more crime associated with Drugs. Also I can recognise someone who needs avoiding whose worse for on alcohol but the druggies are equally unpredictable but you cant always tell.

I still believe burglaries will increase if drugs were legalised for non middle class who dont have the income for such recreations
    "Drugs"

This is the problem. MDMA, Cocaine, Heroin, Alcohol, Sleeping pills, Cannabis - they are all lumped together under this one word when they are COMPLETELY different.

It's like if we lumped together "Sports". This is how the logic follows:

Some "Sport" fans get violent when their team plays.

Allowing more "Sport" will cause violent clashes in city centers.

That may be true of football, since all football supporters are mindless thugs (see how easy it is to generalise people who take part in a particular "sport").

Logically, if we ban all "sport" (including bowls) - we will reduce violence.

John2 has got this one absolutely spot on.

Agree with everything he has said on this particular subject.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I don't think I have ever read so much liberal horse sh it in all my life.

Step 1 Person commits a crime,

Step 2 justice system is weak and doesn't enforce the law

Step 3, decriminalise illegal activity so it's not a crime anymore.

No wonder this country has gone down the shi tter.

how very Christian of you - hastily assembled kangaroo court and firing squad perhaps? burn such heretics at the stake?

Or just implement the law, and if the law isn't up to it, lobby to change it perhaps?

John2 posts sense shocker.

Google harmful drugs chart.

Pretty accurate in my opinion.

To quote a character on a recent TV series " we get the world we deserve"

The trendy liberal tosh on this thread....will get the world it deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    how very Christian of you - hastily assembled kangaroo court and firing squad perhaps? burn such heretics at the stake?

Or just implement the law, and if the law isn't up to it, lobby to change it perhaps?
    Which parent loves its kids the most, the one who turns a blind eye to all its child's bad behaviour or the one that punishes it?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast