+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: O/T Do you have any sympathy for drug takers

Still don't follow why highly intelligent young graduates still take their chances taking any kind of s.hit.

Surely there are drug awareness lectures or paraphernalia given out at Uni's and the like yet they still indulge. The loss of life is so tragic and for what?

As for comparing drugs to drink there isn't one as such where someone has a pint to a wrong MDMA pill. The outcomes can be so different and in recent cases tragic to the taker.

Alcohol is a dangerous drug though, yes it's a drug that kills you slower but it is a drug, the big difference is that it's been normalised. it's more addictive than people realise, a lot can't go out and enjoy themselves without it for example. People take other drugs for the same reasons people drink, to relax to escape etc... It's hard and depressing this life at times.

Plus alcohol leads onto harder drugs with some people and definitely gives the confidence to take something else in people that wouldn't if they were sober.

Don't believe alcohol leads onto 'harder' drugs.
    Experimenting does lead to drug taking by say peer pressure when in a social moronic group.

I say moronic as some moron in the group would have dabbled hence the pressure forced upon others.

Never took or attempted to dabble on drugs my entire life as I don't or didn't get the necessity to do so. My two now adult kids are well educated in not to have ever taken anything so I see that as good grounding. Yes they've had a drink and been tipsy but never blathered to the point of losing consciousness or causing any unlawful trouble, so again goes to show drugs aren't required to get by in life.

I don't think I have ever read so much liberal horse sh it in all my life.

Step 1 Person commits a crime,

Step 2 justice system is weak and doesn't enforce the law

Step 3, decriminalise illegal activity so it's not a crime anymore.

No wonder this country has gone down the shi tter.

Stop sitting on the fence say what you really mean ibs

I work in warehouse & distribution , after years of working for some very poor under paying companies I landed a very good number 2 months ago .

We are paid very well for this sector , including a very generous bonus at xmas , the management are down to earth and nobody expects you to run and kill yourself doing the job .

A month ago there was an accident and company policy dictates that those involved are alcohol and drug tested which is understandable and fair enough .

The two people involved failed the test due to traces of cannabis , now in most cases they would be dismissed instantly , gross misconduct .

My company suspended them on full pay and told them both they would be re-tested in a months time .

In other words giving them the chance to give up the weed and keep their jobs .

Both tested again positive for cannabis at the same levels as the first time .

You couldn't make it up could you .

Cannabis is legal where I live but employers still test for it and deny work if positive. Same applies to driving under the influence. Quite funny though to drive down the motorways and see billboards advertising it judt like any other product.

For the harder stuff Seattle is currently condidering safe injection centres like they have in Vancouver, Canada where addicts can go to shoot up and be monitored to prevent ODs etc. Tax payer to fund these I expect but apparently they work quite well in keeping some of the unsavory activities off the open streets. Except dealing, because the streets around the centres have become cash cows for the dealers.

In the 19th century cocaine, morphine, opium etc were legal and you could but them from pharmacies and the country wasn't full of drug addicts.

If they were legal, the ingredients regulated and sold to adults from licensed premises you would stop the deaths from dodgy drugs and the crime, putting the dealers out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I work in warehouse & distribution , after years of working for some very poor under paying companies I landed a very good number 2 months ago .

We are paid very well for this sector , including a very generous bonus at xmas , the management are down to earth and nobody expects you to run and kill yourself doing the job .

A month ago there was an accident and company policy dictates that those involved are alcohol and drug tested which is understandable and fair enough .

The two people involved failed the test due to traces of cannabis , now in most cases they would be dismissed instantly , gross misconduct .

My company suspended them on full pay and told them both they would be re-tested in a months time .

In other words giving them the chance to give up the weed and keep their jobs .

Both tested again positive for cannabis at the same levels as the first time .

You couldn't make it up could you .
    animallittle3 no you couldn't pal. These are the morons I speak of. They don't deserve to be working there if they're failing a second drug test having previously been caught and warned, they are a danger not only to themselves but others.

If a drug like MDMA was legalised then it could be commercially produced cheaply and safely without contaminants and with quality assurance.

It seems to me that it is a pleasant drug to take and great fun if taken in a sensible way and correct education is given and clear advice to avoid heavy use.

Thousands and thousands of young people take it anyway irrespective of the legal position so making it a criminal offence simply encourages the other activities associated with its illegal status.

Middle class old men and old women,many of them having taken drugs themselves,telling young people that it's a crime to take it doesn't actually work.

Lying about the safety of a drug by exaggerating the potential side effects doesn't help the situation.

I really cannot think of a single logical reason why taking this relatively safe drug should be illegal other than maybe to encourage young people to try it!!

The truth is that if the quality of the drug is assured then it is a safe recreational drug and education could be given about a safe dosage and the need for sensible hydration when taking it.

It's as unsafe as horse riding as someone has already said but like horse riding it seems that it can give great enjoyment to those who are prepared to take a small risk.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast