+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Do you have any sympathy for drug takers

O/T Do you have any sympathy for drug takers

Reading where this new form of MDMA has taken yet more lives due to its super strength, do you sympathise with the takers?

Personally I think they are wasting their lives trying to get off on it. The real people who suffer are their parents and families at their loss or hospitalisation. Plus the burden on the NHS trying to save their lives and care for them in hospitals.

Please don't come back at me with 'Do I smoke/drink?' I don't smoke and only drink in moderation so as not to burden the NHS.

I've never understood, knowing the dangers, why idiotic young people with all the world in front of them, take drugs.

If it was legalised there wouldn't be deaths from unusually strong doses as you'd know the exact dose.

You would also put drug dealers out of business and cut crime quite substantially.

Don't really see how drug users are any different from people who go out and get drunk.

The problem is addicts who steal for their fix, if it was legalised you wouldn't have this problem.

Dress it up how you want, They chose to do it and knew there might be risks so no sympathy from me.
    Last edited by millertop; 05-07-2017 at 06:46 AM.

As post2

There is no logic in allowing alcohol and banning 'drugs' other than self preservation for the government in power.

As great fire points out,it's the associated problems due to drugs being illegal that is damaging to society much more than the direct harm to the drug takers themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    As post2

There is no logic in allowing alcohol and banning 'drugs' other than self preservation for the government in power.

As great fire points out,it's the associated problems due to drugs being illegal that is damaging to society much more than the direct harm to the drug takers themselves.
    That said Kempo I don't know any 18 year olds who have died after 10 pints, I think legalisation won't stop the deaths

I don't have any sympathy for them per se. But when I see them outside the rehab centres on Kenneth street and Carnson house Moorgate I always have a sense of pity at their wasted life.

Booze is legal yet there is still a market for cheap 'knock off'.
    10 pints is enough to choke on your own vomit, not to mention the countless deaths from drink driving.
    Legalised drugs would cut crime? Why, would they be free? It wouldn't stop addicts stealing.
    Where would these drugs come from? Fair trade sourced in Columbia and Afghanistan maybe.
    Would all the criminal suppliers get a job instead?
    Or on the positive side. Would the taxation raised help the NHS?

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    That said Kempo I don't know any 18 year olds who have died after 10 pints, I think legalisation won't stop the deaths
    The point is that if alcohol were illegal people would still drink it, but it would be made in somebody's basement rather than by a brewery that has to comply with all sorts of quality standards.

If alcohol were illegal there would likely many deaths from drinking "bad" alcohol that was more poisonous/dangerous as a result. This is exactly what happens with drugs, the recent case of "bad" MDMA is because somebody has made a batch that if it were legal would never have been consumed.

MDMA is safer (and apparently a lot more fun) than riding a horse.

I have just as much sympathy for somebody who falls off a horse and gets paralysed as I do for somebody who is seriously hurt by bad drugs resulting to backwards government policy that does way more harm than good.

Also, there is a HUGE distinction between recreational and addictive drug use. People aren't stealing to fund an MDMA habit - though nor are all heroin users.
    Last edited by John2; 05-07-2017 at 09:38 AM.

Folk would be surprised how many kids these days are trying them, really you would. There's peer pressure, if you're drunk you don't think about the risk and education in this country is so poor some folk don't actually know the risks or would believe a friend over the real information. So yes I have sympathy. 'my kids would never do anything like that' yep heard that before and seen their kids snorting a key of coke at the weekend.

Depends on what drugs and in what amounts

Before morpheme heroin was used to help people dead with the pains such as severed limbs and in some country's they still use it. I wouldn't want it legal though.

Cannibis can help ease the side effects of chemotherapy for cancer patients.

I believe if they did make a drug leagal they should require a prescription like all drugs you take, that way people can be aware of the risks involved and stop them overdosing.

There are drugs though that should remain illegal no matter what.

I won't say I have no sympathy because I don't know what's gone off in their life.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast