+ Visit Queen of the South FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The big announcement

The big announcement

Whatever happened to this concerning Palmerston plans for the future - was it not promised that there would be a press release at the end of May ?

There was supposed to be an announcement with regards to the main stand being replaced with better amenities inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Whatever happened to this concerning Palmerston plans for the future - was it not promised that there would be a press release at the end of May ?
    It was discussed at the April Supporters Meeting. The minutes say that Mark Blount said it was still ongoing

Mark Blount stated that the documentation has been done for the World of Sport and is ongoing and it will go to a meeting in London to hopefully enourage investors

From the last SLO meeting

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post

Mark Blount stated that the documentation has been done for the World of Sport and is ongoing and it will go to a meeting in London to hopefully enourage investors

From the last SLO meeting
    Thanks for that info - I did not realise until today that the minutes were under Fan Contacts on the Official Site - doh !

Thanks for that info - I did not realise until today that the minutes were under Fan Contacts on the Official Site - doh !
    A more direct and quicker link to the SLO meeting minutes would help. I also found it but it was quite a complex navigational process.

surely that cant be there big announcement ,we already know from about a year ago about the stand ,the announcement im waiting for is when and dates of work starting ,we have been through this time and again relying on a meeting for investors ,all other times ends up with plans being binned ,so any announcement that aint concrete is a waste of time .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    surely that cant be there big announcement ,we already know from about a year ago about the stand ,the announcement im waiting for is when and dates of work starting ,we have been through this time and again relying on a meeting for investors ,all other times ends up with plans being binned ,so any announcement that aint concrete is a waste of time .
    You are of course correct mate and in the Queens book published in 2005 ex - chairman Davie Rae in the first page introduction talks about '' the launch of our plans to upgrade our stadium to a 6,000 all - seater '' That plan 12 years ago like others since never materialised so hopefully this latest one will reach fruition.

You are of course correct mate and in the Queens book published in 2005 ex - chairman Davie Rae in the first page introduction talks about '' the launch of our plans to upgrade our stadium to a 6,000 all - seater '' That plan 12 years ago like others since never materialised so hopefully this latest one will reach fruition.
    Personally would be hoping for some terracing/safe standing.

Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv View Post

There's a good chance it'll be more than just a new mainstand

Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv View Post

we already have a terrace that hardly gets used and another thats 1/5th full on matchdays ,i take it you mean safe standing enclosure under the seated area in a new stand .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    we already have a terrace that hardly gets used and another thats 1/5th full on matchdays ,i take it you mean safe standing enclosure under the seated area in a new stand .
    Yes. Somewhere to stand on the wing. The stand enclosure is my preferred spot at Palmerston.