+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paul Warne signings

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I doubt if he'll even be in the match day squad.
    He should be, he's the only proven goal scorer in the squad.

Never see Dext' in a Millers shirt again. Is he doing pre-season training, doubt it. Not with us anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by millermanic View Post
    He should be, he's the only proven goal scorer in the squad.
    Ah, a history student.
    Blackstock has done absolutely nothing in recent times and has an appalling attitude.
    Hopefully he'll soon be gone.

We need another RB.

We need to defend from front

Maybe the signings to date will come good, let's hope so. But, am I missing something? How many goals did we let in last season? Let's not recount - so are we blaming our midfield for not protecting our back four or are we assuming that because the teams in L1 are not as high a standard, that our back four will cope much better?

Perhaps Warney, who appears to be going route 1 as his main tactic thinks we will win games 5-4 or something similar.

If so, fine but with Broadfoot now at Kilmarnock, will we be relying on Wood/Adeyemi to be a better double act than they were last season?

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    "Still need a goalscorer though"

Dexter can earn his corn as a fox in the box.....he has all the credentials and not fussed about running the channels.

Goalscorers stay in the box - do nothing for 80 minutes and score 2....many would appreciate the majority of that last sentence.....we have never played to his strengths so in league one.....come on Dex - from Forest to the MILLERS legendary status awaits !

That'll do for me !

UTM.
    You've just described Alfie!

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post

If so, fine but with Broadfoot now at Kilmarnock, will we be relying on Wood/Adeyemi to be a better double act than they were last season?
    Wood/Ajayi?
    Point taken though, but we will be hoping that the goalscoring ability of the opposition will not be as good as last year. Will Wood only be back-up anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Wood/Ajayi?
    Point taken though, but we will be hoping that the goalscoring ability of the opposition will not be as good as last year. Will Wood only be back-up anyway?
    Soz, I did of course mean Ajayi

Proctor is a quality signing for me and am convinced he will be a top player for us this season.

We need a right back and a left back that have pace in bucket loads.

Other than that I'm pretty optimistic for the coming season.

UTM.

Well none of the strikers we've fetched in so far will get 20 plus goals so a goal scorer is a must or we relying on JCH or even Yates to finally blossom and bang the goals in consistently.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast