+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Warne signings

Paul Warne signings

Well some might be underwhelmed by the signings but in fairness he said he wanted 5 in by the start of pre season and 4.99 it was. It wasn't his fault on the last one. I'm encouraged by this because it gives the maximum amount of time for the team to hit the ground running for Fleetwood away. The adrenaline rush has already started. All it needs now is for Cam to announce that the prediction cup will be running this year!

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Well some might be underwhelmed by the signings but in fairness he said he wanted 5 in by the start of pre season and 4.99 it was. It wasn't his fault on the last one. I'm encouraged by this because it gives the maximum amount of time for the team to hit the ground running for Fleetwood away. The adrenaline rush has already started. All it needs now is for Cam to announce that the prediction cup will be running this year!
    Still need a goalscorer though. I hope that Warney is not plaaning to play 4-5-1, with a low-scoring big lad up front, because I'm not confident that the current midfielders, other than Frecklington (if fit!) will get many goals. There is still tme left to sort this out, but not much...

To be honest I'm quite happy with the comings and goings Yes there's some deadwood still to be cleared out but overall it looks that for once there's a battle plan.

Looking at the size and build of the new players I've got a feeling it could be a season of long ball.

I don't mind because I'm in the as long as we win camp. But as someone (IBJ?) pointed on another thread, long Ball is the easiest attack to defend against.

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    Looking at the size and build of the new players I've got a feeling it could be a season of long ball.

I don't mind because I'm in the as long as we win camp. But as someone (IBJ?) pointed on another thread, long Ball is the easiest attack to defend against.
    It looks to me he's looking to have a mixture of tactics available. but with 3 players over 6 foot you can see he wants to win some from corners

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    It looks to me he's looking to have a mixture of tactics available. but with 3 players over 6 foot you can see he wants to win some from corners
    ......and that will make a pleasant change.

Having a big physical presence all over the pitch is never a bad thing. If JCH an get fully fit his physical attributes should scare defences at this level because he really is a powerful player.

Making the most of set pieces is a sure fire way to pick up some goals and at the end of the day we haven't looked a threat from set pieces in quite some time (I remember Arnason's 'long-throw' being completely ineffective!).

I still think we look short, in terms of players, at the back (due to fitness problems) and perhaps in central midfield too. All in all, I'm happy with Warne has done in the market so far, mainly because I had no faith at all that we would get any players in. Never mind players that should be at the very least competitive at this level.

I think this should establish us just inside the top half; higher than I originally thought.

Do you remember a certain tall blonde lad from Charlton should have been sent off but he caused havoc with our so called defence. I'm looking forward to us being more physical and showing some real Yorkshire grit. It's about time after 3 years we bullied the opposition rather than then us!

"Still need a goalscorer though"

Dexter can earn his corn as a fox in the box.....he has all the credentials and not fussed about running the channels.

Goalscorers stay in the box - do nothing for 80 minutes and score 2....many would appreciate the majority of that last sentence.....we have never played to his strengths so in league one.....come on Dex - from Forest to the MILLERS legendary status awaits !

That'll do for me !

UTM.

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    "Still need a goalscorer though"

Dexter can earn his corn as a fox in the box.....he has all the credentials and not fussed about running the channels.

Goalscorers stay in the box - do nothing for 80 minutes and score 2....many would appreciate the majority of that last sentence.....we have never played to his strengths so in league one.....come on Dex - from Forest to the MILLERS legendary status awaits !

That'll do for me !

UTM.
    I doubt if he'll even be in the match day squad.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast