+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Darren Bent

Darren Bent

Looks like Bent could be on his way out of the club very soon with interest from Turkey side Sivasspor who have been in contact with him for some time.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/surprise-d...l-coming-days/

Another high wage player of our pay packet is a job well done for us.

Yes we've all seen it thanks calm down

With Bent and Christie seemingly on the way I am getting increasingly concerned that we will be stuck with Blackman after all. If we are going to get in about 20m for these 2 plus Ince and the kid at Watford (including the alleged waiver of Vydra debt) we will have just about got rid of our saleable assets - except those that Rowett likes? Maybe a few quid for Russell or one of the CD's?

So how much of this can we spend? Half? Guess its all down to FFP - the recent "discovery" that we were in FFP trouble comes as no surprise to me, but all those who were in denial 6 months ago should hang their heads in shame

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    With Bent and Christie seemingly on the way I am getting increasingly concerned that we will be stuck with Blackman after all. If we are going to get in about 20m for these 2 plus Ince and the kid at Watford (including the alleged waiver of Vydra debt) we will have just about got rid of our saleable assets - except those that Rowett likes? Maybe a few quid for Russell or one of the CD's?

So how much of this can we spend? Half? Guess its all down to FFP - the recent "discovery" that we were in FFP trouble comes as no surprise to me, but all those who were in denial 6 months ago should hang their heads in shame
    Has there been a 'recent discovery' acknowledged about us being in FFP trouble Rog...and how serious do you reckon it to be?

I dont think its ever been officially confirmed - as if! - but there has been a lot more speculation flying around and our trading pattern seems to fit. maybe its just me reading too much into things but "sell before you buy" tends to infer FFP issues or Mel's pocket money running out. Id suspect the former.....

I think sell before you buy must be the policy when your squad is as big as ours. However, the sacking of Rush does make you wonder about our finances with regard to FFP.

Rowett said "we had to take the FFP into consideration" and our squad is fully packed, so we had to get rid of quite a few players off our roster that were no longer required to be at the club and that was the main idea anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    Rowett said "we had to take the FFP into consideration" and our squad is fully packed, so we had to get rid of quite a few players off our roster that were no longer required to be at the club and that was the main idea anyway.
    Of course we have 'to take FFP into consideration', but with all due respect, the rest of what you've written is just supposition and you jumping to conclusions. You may well be right but it's all fairly technical economic stuff which I for one don't fully understand. That's why I asked the Ramjet...his area of expertise and all that.

Weve spent more on wages and transfer fees than sunderland in the past few seasons and they are in the s*** financially ,, so its no surprise we are too. The ones who were banned off the dcfcfans forum (mels bed warmers) tried to warn/tell the others about it but were banned as i say,, the owner of the forum even went to the pethetic lenghts of getting the users street address and internet provider and having my whole street banned completetly,, i kid you not,, none of on my side off the street can access that forum (comes up banned without appeal) lol.

And with mel reading that forum and its confirmed he does,, hes pretty thin skinned and a c**k for going to those lenghts to get people banned.

We didn't spend much last year either, if you look at ins and outs, including loans. it's all about the wage bill I think, just too many players.

I'm sure if our profit margins equate similarly to last year plus we reduce the wage bill a bit we'll soon start sitting comfortably again (financially)

Personally I dont think that will be a problem. Might need January aswel but we'll be reet!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)