+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Darren Bent

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    I dont think its ever been officially confirmed - as if! - but there has been a lot more speculation flying around and our trading pattern seems to fit. maybe its just me reading too much into things but "sell before you buy" tends to infer FFP issues or Mel's pocket money running out. Id suspect the former.....
    And thats what it is speculation, managing FFP is completely different from being in trouble with FFP - clearly to keep within limits then expenditure has to be controlled which means players being sold before new ones come in, but then even without FFP rules, the squad is too big, Rowett feels there needs to be changes and most fans would agree, that this is necessary, of course opinions on players will differ, but rowett has said publicly that there were too many "fancy footballers" in the squad and he wanted to bring in some players who could "cut it" when things got tough!

For clarity the FFP rules are below

Championship clubs will be allowed to lose an average of £13m a season (or £5m if the owner doesn’t inject cash into the club to cover the loss). Hence, a long-standing Championship such as Brighton, is able to lose up to £39m over the three-season assessment period.

Clubs are permitted to exclude some expenditure (Youth development spend, Charitable Community spend, and Women’s Football spend). For a Championship cub this rarely exceeds £500k per season (and is usually less).

Clubs relegated from the Premier League are allowed to make losses of up to £35m in respect of any season spent in the top flight – this should allow clubs to better manage the transition.

Darren Bent has been ruled out until Christmas with a knee injury so it looks like we will have to look for a back-up replacement for him.

Nowt like stating the bleeding obvious

The club have just given him a new contract aswell.

Its time we started writing it into their contracts if they get a serious injury they dont get paid simple as that,, if players dont sort their own finances out then its tough.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post

Its time we started writing it into their contracts if they get a serious injury they dont get paid simple as that,, if players dont sort their own finances out then its tough.
    I don't think you'd sign many players on that footing, they'd laugh at anyone who tried.

On the Bent penalty what the hell was he trying to do. I've never seen anyone hit a ball like that in my life.
    Try running at a ball straight and hitting it at a right angle, any person would tweak something. I wouldn't even recommend you try it in your back garden you could end up in A&E

madness in my opinion.

I think he'll be insured

Edit, of course if the insurance company think he was negligent (ie taking the kick like a prat) they could refuse to pay!

You really are a class act aren't you? So you would sign a contract that if you fell ill you wouldn't get paid? Don't be an arse, many players get injuries early on in their career that ends it, after their contract ends thats it, your grasp of reality is alarmingly loose!

The club did not give him a new contract, there was a clause in his contract that after he had played a certain number of games last season, he got a years extension, maybe the club should not have signed him on that basis but ho hum.

Players must love so called fans like you FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I think he'll be insured

Edit, of course if the insurance company think he was negligent (ie taking the kick like a prat) they could refuse to pay!
    Be difficult to prove I guess, not certain that insurance does cover the club for a players wages in every case, anyhow for me its no loss, he is on the sidelines and Rowett now has to make his plans accordingly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)