+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Season ticket sales?

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    If we relied on that sort of fan the place would be empty! Since 1968 the only good times have been the Promotion years, not a single trophy of any note won.
    78/79 was great but nothing came of it.
    I wouldn't call myself a floating fan, more a retired one. Last season was the first time in my life I didn't attend a match (I was there when I was 6 months old so I'm told) whilst the previous 3 seasons had seen my attendance drop rapidly after giving up my long held season ticket. I have chalked up over 1,000 games live, but the big money more than Pulis's tactics is what has ruined it for me. Much better when recruitment meant scouring the lower leagues for talent rather than throwing silly money at overseas players.
    Look at the players bought in during the 60s and 70s. Here are a few:
    Jeff Astle
    John Kaye
    John Osborne
    Clive Clark
    Joe Mayo
    Cyrille Regis
    Laurie Cunningham
    Prior to these Derek Kevan & Ronnie Allen.
    You can't take the club out of your blood but you can take the fan out of the Hawthorns. I used to be out 7 hours when attending a home game, leaving my wife on her own, prefer to be with her now and disappear upstairs for a couple of hours to watch the games on streams.
    Been there, done it and moved on (sort of).
    well played Chris fair play,im into my 61styear its in your blood. I don't pretend to have done the whole 60 but must admit seen a fair few.good times and dross. Under the old scoreboard freezing cold watching us scrape,a1-0 win against Plymouth happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I agree Chris! Bob's posts should be ignored as it's either a love in for Stoke or slagging off Pulis! Even his dodgy stats come from the fairies!

Funny old game and we haven't kicked a ball yet and already Pulis is getting crap! My season tickets depend on Lai opening his wallet so not looking good at the moment......................................

PS - the saddles on those bikes in Austria are a bit tough on the balls! Let's blame Tony Pulis for not getting the Messi equivalent of mountain bikes! ; D

Should make them use the old Black Raleigh with the Sturmey Archer gears.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)