+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sixtus

Sixtus

Not many of them in Burnley or anywhere really.

Jacob Rees-Mogg MP who is a likeable buffoon in a parallel universe has named his sixth child Sixtus Dominic Boniface Christopher.

For good measure the other children's full names are Alfred Wulfric Leyson Pius, Thomas Wentworth Somerset Dunstan, Peter Theodore Alphege, Anselm Charles Fitzwilliam and Mary Anne Charlotte Emma Rees-Mogg.

The man is a first class tool.

Eton and Oxford definitely upper class

In February 2012, Rees-Mogg made the record books with the use of floccinaucinihilipilification—an Eton college neologism meaning "the habit of considering as worthless"—in the House of Commons which became the longest word in Hansard

He also helped filibuster the Daylight Saving Bill 2010–12 and the Sustainable Livestock Bill 2010–12, thus preventing their passage through Parliament. In his long speech on the Sustainable Livestock Bill, he recited poetry; spoke of the superior quality of Somerset eggs, and mentioned the fictional pig, the Empress of Blandings, who won silver at the Shropshire County Show three years in a row, before moving on to talk about the sewerage system and the Battle of Agincourt

Jacob on Question Time - talking sense so far.

I like Jacob, charming, urbane, intelligent and with a wicked sense of humour, as is evident from the names he gives his children.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I like Jacob, charming, urbane, intelligent and with a wicked sense of humour, as is evident from the names he gives his children.
    I'd go with over privileged, pompous, prize prick who just uses the proletariat as targets for his bourgeoisie indulged arrogance.

Self deprecating and a bit of a Tory rebel, but he was right on the nail with this

Seeking to bury the endless discussion about types of Brexit the Tory MP stated it is “characteristic of the EU” who want another referendum.

Mr Rees–Mogg said: “You are either in the European Union or you leave it. This is not only my view, this is the view of Donald Tusk one of the president’s of the EU, who said there is no such thing as hard and soft Brexit there is only being in or out.

“If we are out of the EU we cannot have our laws determined by the European Court of Justice, we cannot have all our regulations set by being in the internal market and we can’t lose all our trading opportunities by being in the customs union.

On Question Time he added: “This is characteristic of the EU, vote in a way that Brussels does not like and you have to vote again until they have done what they tell you.

“It seems to me that we had a referendum, we voted to leave and that must be implemented or we deny democracy.”

BT might even like that!! The audience did.

I voted to leave, the referendum result must be carried out. Why is May still fannying about?

Daft picture time...

Attachment 5260

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'd go with over privileged, pompous, prize prick who just uses the proletariat as targets for his bourgeoisie indulged arrogance.
    How very Marxist BT!

Patent nonsense.

It is not a binary decision as you well know - but Rees-Mogg said it was.

If it was as simple as he says it is then there would be no need for any Brexit negotiations (except our divorce bill)- we would just wave goodbye.

Politicians like him are just pulling the wool over YOUR eyes and attempting to appease a certain section of the public.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)