shopify analytics
+ Visit Notts. County FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T North Korea

O/T North Korea

Getting messy, no need to worry though, will be fine when the Groomer has a cup of tea with Kim Jong-Un to sort this mess out 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Getting messy, no need to worry though, will be fine when the Groomer has a cup of tea with Kim Jong-Un to sort this mess out ��
    Assassination is the only solution. God knows how though.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Assassination is the only solution. God knows how though.
    Just the one?

well if the yanks go in all guns blazing then we can all kiss our asses goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    well if the yanks go in all guns blazing then we can all kiss our asses goodbye
    That won't happen ever. Imagine the carnage.

I think if its going to happen (military action) it will be soon, longer and it gives them more time to develop more stuff.

The closer Trump gets to being impeached the greater the chance of this scenario playing out. If he's going down everyone is going with him.

Well I wouldn't put it past nutters Trump and co

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    The closer Trump gets to being impeached the greater the chance of this scenario playing out. If he's going down everyone is going with him.
    I am still struggling with the idea that a man with such a terrible grasp of the English language is head of the world's leading democracy. This can only end in tears, but will they be mine and yours too?
    The USA and Russia have been allowed to arm themselves up to the teeth because fools thought it created a balance that ensured peace. All it took is for one rogue state to tip that balance and voila. North Korea's attitude is 'Who says I can't develop nuclear warheads? Who says America can?'

I think it's extremely difficult to see, amongst all the insane tweets, that Trump is a man who makes a lot of noise but ultimately does very little. His NK policy, if one should take his declarations seriously, has flip flopped and contradicted itself as often as the man goes golfing.

Of course Kim Jong Un is also depicted as a crazy nutbar, however I confess to knowing nothing about the man that isn't fed to us by the western media.

Sid's right on asking the question regarding nuclear deterrence. Is it a responsible policy to begin with for any country, such as the US or the UK? And if so, why is what's good for the goose not good for the gander?

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post

Sid's right on asking the question regarding nuclear deterrence. Is it a responsible policy to begin with for any country, such as the US or the UK? And if so, why is what's good for the goose not good for the gander?
    Especially when those preaching that others can't be trusted with nuclear weapons, are the only ones ever to use them in anger - Twice

Quote Originally Posted by Vladpie View Post
    Especially when those preaching that others can't be trusted with nuclear weapons, are the only ones ever to use them in anger - Twice
    If Churchill had had his way it would have been thrice.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    If Churchill had had his way it would have been thrice.
    Who / what, would have been the target?

Your adopted home.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I am still struggling with the idea that a man with such a terrible grasp of the English language is head of the world's leading democracy. This can only end in tears, but will they be mine and yours too?
    The USA and Russia have been allowed to arm themselves up to the teeth because fools thought it created a balance that ensured peace. All it took is for one rogue state to tip that balance and voila. North Korea's attitude is 'Who says I can't develop nuclear warheads? Who says America can?'
    The lunatic asylum that is North Korea is cock waving again and you're still 'stuggling' with Trump's semantics (and victory)? Bless. Any excuse to have a pop eh?

There you go

https://www.icij.org/blog/2014/10/ch...ut-moscow-bomb

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Interesting, thanks for that, had no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    In 1945, America could have disarmed the world. It had what no one else did. The very fact they didn't ensured the scenario being played out.

Interesting, thanks for that, had no idea.
    If you ever get time and are into recent history and politics have a read of Roy Jenkins' biography of Churchill. It's a big book but once I got started I found it hard to put down.

One fascinating aspect that struck me was that he just loved travelling. The journey was the holiday. And boy did he travel. He was treated as a film star/pop star when visiting Canada and USA pre-depression such was his fame.

Anyway, for right or wrong the merkins didn't put down the bear when it could and now we've got Putin and Trump.

There's no doubt that if the US attacks North Korea it will be a bloodbath, not least in South Korea, but it could be that this is the only endgame in town. It depends whether you believe that Kim Jong-un will only go so much further and will settle down once he finally secures his nuclear weapon and feels his country is safe, or whether he is intent on ever increasing aggression come what may. At the moment it looks like the latter, and if that's the case, you can't rely on diplomacy or appeasement for ever, even though the alternative seems unthinkable. There might not be an optimum solution.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast