+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carl Ikeme has been diagnosed with acute leukaemia

Have just learned the dreadful news concerning Carl. My hopes and wishes for a positive outcome go to Carl, his family and friends at this difficult time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDing View Post
    All the best Carl you can beat this... there's also a former member of this board fighting their own battle with cancer, so my thoughts and wishes are with both at this challenging time.
    You don't have to say Gaz but who is the former member of the board who is enduring this C**t of a disease?

I'll send you a pm on fb mate

You know this shows me this God Dam disease can strike anyone. Because when I looked up at Ikeme you realised how big and strong he is. Then we get this news. I just hope it is not the really aggressive one and I am trusting in him seeing the best of the best who will be treating him. More and more people are surviving cancer. Lets hope and pray Carl is one of them. Best wishes to you.

Keep on fighting Carl!

Click Here For Details

Heartbreaking.

Keep fighting big man.

Carl Ikeme has not long posted what's quoted below on twitter. All the best to him.

After a year of intense chemotherapy I would like to share that I am in complete REMISSION. I still have hurdles to pass to be cured,but hopefully I can move on with some normality! I would like to thank everyone for there support over the past year. Thank you❤️ #Grateful����

Carl has announced today that he is to retire from professional football. A sad day for all. He will receive a terrific reception every time he turns up at Molineux. I am sure everyone will wish him well for the future.

great bloke

hope he has a long and happy life

Wolves with some bad luck with keepers having to retire before their time is up.

Best of luck to Carl. Glad he was able to at least be around the club for our great season last year. Hope he is able to stay in the game in some manner as he deserves it. Hopefully Wolves can find a place for him in the organization if he is up for working with Wolves

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)