+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicky Maynard

Milne needs to make another embarrassing statement soon.

Slightly disappointing but then again DM seems to be see things in certain types of players that we as mere speculators cant.

I seem to remember some similar comments about Niall McGinn.

We also are brainwashed by the English media into thinking that the English Champ and L1 are better than the SPL. In some cases that's correct, but as someone who has followed Brighton for the last 15 years some of the games are absolutely turgid with the standard of skill on display at times non existent.

Who is to say that if you put him in a team playing flowing football that he wont do well?

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Adam Rooney spent plenty years in single figures before coming here!

We can't write him off, none of us know jack **** about him or his style of play. He could be the type of player DM needs, not just to score goals but to link up with the strikers we do have.

Let's give the bloke a chance and not be negative! As for Moult, no one starts with a big offer and although it's derisory, another 200-300k and we will land him. Only 1 year left on contract!
    Fair enough
    We have no option but to wait and see, and give the guy a chance
    All I'm doing is pointing out his recent record of 2 in 31 at a League One club who released him.
    all this talk him going for £2.5m once upon a time is irrelevant.
    Irrelevant as it's England, and irrelevant as it was when McGhee was our manager - in other words another footballing lifetime ago

As for Louis Moult, I'm not sure we'd try and get him as well?
    We'd have Rooney, Moult, Maynard, Stockley & Storey - ok, one or both of Storey & Stockley might go, but you'd still be left with 3 players for one position (95% of the time).

Hopefully we get a centre half and left winger in soon too. Then squad would be set
    Last edited by RedStarTorphins; 07-07-2017 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I'll also add that it looks as though we're low-balling bids knowing they're going to get laughed at.
    Motherwell were never going to accept £250k
    "Look fans, we tried to spend some money"...........so instead, here's a freebie lower league player with a dreadful scoring record.
    6 or 7 years since he was in double figures FFS.
    Yep thats what it looks like to me. I hope Im proved wrong and we up the bid for Moult, if we dont then what you are saying looks right.

To be fair on the guy Maynard is it possible that he wasn't playing up front for MK Dons last season?

I saw his stats on some website and it says he can play on the wings as well. Surely he wasn't playing up front for 34 games last season and only scored 2 goals, Darren Mackie at his worst would score more than 2 in a season.

welcome the the mighty dons Nicky. Bring any Wine gums?

I'll also add that it looks as though we're low-balling bids knowing they're going to get laughed at.
    Motherwell were never going to accept £250k
    "Look fans, we tried to spend some money"...........so instead, here's a freebie lower league player with a dreadful scoring record.
    6 or 7 years since he was in double figures FFS.
    Why were they not???

He's into the last year of his contract. Sell now, get the money on the table and reinvest it or pay off debts. Or knock it back have a unhappy/very unhappy player who can sign a pre contract agreement in January.

Still think we may get Moult even if it's a case of Storie & or Storie being a makeweight.

Blimey, we're really scraping the barrel with this guy.

Fair enough

Hopefully we get a centre half and left winger in soon too. Then squad would be set
    We would be, as long as they are not loanees, not on one yr contracts and guys in their mid 20s

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    We would be, as long as they are not loanees, not on one yr contracts and guys in their mid 20s
    Agree
    No more loans or 1 year deals
    FFS about 8 of the starting X1 would/could be leaving next summer if that were the case
    some longer term planning required.

hope it's not turning into panic buying

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast