+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nacer Chadli to Stay in the UK for Pre Season

Nacer Chadli to Stay in the UK for Pre Season

"Nacer Chadli has been left at home during West Bromwich Albion's tour of Austria after a confrontation with head coach Tony Pulis. Chadli, the club's £13million record signing, did not fly out with his team-mates on Tuesday and is undertaking his own fitness programme after missing Pulis' notorious training camp.

It is alleged that Chadli was reluctant to take part in Pulis' gruelling fitness routine, which includes 5am starts and back-to-back jogs up Austrian hills, and is doing his own strength and conditioning in England.
    After talks with Pulis on Tuesday morning, which were heated but ended amicably, the Belgium international was eventually permitted to stay at home with the approval of the club.
    It is also believed that Chadli is settled at the Hawthorns and is not agitating for a move away, less than 12 months after his record move from Tottenham Hotspur.

Albion also expect the attacker to join up with the squad for the trip to Hong Kong next week, when the club will participate in the Premier League Asia Trophy along with Liverpool, Leicester and Crystal Palace.
    Pulis has taken his teams to Austria for the past three years and, despite the camp's dreaded reputation, Albion lost the least number of days to injury in the top-flight last season.
    The trip is seen as a crucial part of the club's preparations yet Chadli has assured Pulis he will be in peak condition when the squad return to the UK.

Meanwhile, it has emerged that Pulis' long-serving assistant Dave Kemp could be retiring after also not joining the squad in Austria.
    Kemp has worked as the Welshman's No. 2 at Stoke, Plymouth, Crystal Palace and West Brom, but it is thought he will not be continuing ahead of the forthcoming season.
    Pulis may now be forced into a shuffle of his backroom team, though coach Ben Garner - recruited from Palace two years ago - has made such a good impression that he could stick with the existing staff".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...d=tmg_share_tw

Well that's only going to end one way isn't it ?
    Chadli first member of the bomb squad season 2017/2018

What's going on here? It would be very uncharacteristic of Pulis to ditch his Sergeant Major role and cave in to the particular demands or desires of a particular individual. And as for being reluctant to take part, Chadli or anybody else, should be grateful for the opportunity to take part in something like that. Of course he might not have thrown a paddy at all.

whatever has gone on and whatever the truth is it doesnt bode well for Chadli this season,just look at the treatment of macmanaman although he is on the Austrian trip

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    What's going on here? It would be very uncharacteristic of Pulis to ditch his Sergeant Major role and cave in to the particular demands or desires of a particular individual. And as for being reluctant to take part, Chadli or anybody else, should be grateful for the opportunity to take part in something like that. Of course he might not have thrown a paddy at all.
    My take on this situation is that Pulis has gone along with Chadli on the training camp scenario, but come the new season he will just leave him on the bench like he has done with other players that disagreed with his methods. Hope not though as the team need unity more than ever this year.

Don't know how true this is, but I've read elsewhere that Chadli's Mrs is in the latter stages of pregnancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Don't know how true this is, but I've read elsewhere that Chadli's Mrs is in the latter stages of pregnancy.
    Well he has been running up-hill then hasn't he?

Surely can't be good for team morral when everybody puts all the hard work in & you've been excused from training , just another rusty nail in the coffin. Pathetic club ,

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    My take on this situation is that Pulis has gone along with Chadli on the training camp scenario, but come the new season he will just leave him on the bench like he has done with other players that disagreed with his methods. Hope not though as the team need unity more than ever this year.
    Well that's Chadli on the bench or through the swinging doors. We sure can make a sow's purse out of a silk purse.
    But we have HRK signed up, Wilson -he works aaard!!!- in negotiation but we are looking at...........fill in any name you want.......................................... that £27m is not burning a hole in William's & Hammond's pocket!!!

I am in despair- it's a Baggies way of life

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    Surely can't be good for team morral when everybody puts all the hard work in & you've been excused from training , just another rusty nail in the coffin. Pathetic club ,
    While tempted to state that you are talking over dramatized and complete and utter cobblers, my parents foresaw this exact moment.

As such they beat me during childhood and rendered me extremely polite, even when online .

However, I feel it necessary to point out that I am in disagreement with your observation.

Please inform me of how we are a pathetic club so as to facilitate a more balanced view on my part.

Wolves supporters and passing Vilers etc are both respectfully and cordially invited to refrain (fk off ) from commenting on this particular subject .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)