shopify analytics
+ Visit Notts. County FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: prAHt

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Whilst agreeing with this post, Smiffy, adhering to some of your own advice wouldn't have come amiss with some of your recent posts.
    The general tenor of posting on this board is disappointing to say the least. There are many I fundamentally disagree with, but I don't resort to foul language. I attack the post NOT the poster.
    The same should apply to Mr Hardy. Yes, I wish he'd abandon twitter, but that's his prerogative. If you don't like his tweet, attack that and not the man posting it.
    Hardy's loyalty to the cause is unquestioned, unlike some before him. Of course, he's full of ego. So was Clough and Doug Ellis (Villa's old chair) but both brought untold success.
    I wish people would get off his back and stop assassinating his character everytime he does/says something they disagree with.
    Well said that man. 'Attack the post, not the poster' is spot on. Everyone is entitled to disagree with anything but that's rarely an excuse for a personal attack on someone's general character.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Whilst agreeing with this post, Smiffy, adhering to some of your own advice wouldn't have come amiss with some of your recent posts.
    While I agree with the sentiment sidders, imbibing alcohol reduces the crime by 75%, the character of the person you are responding to and the content of the original post reduces the crime by a further 24%.

If AH has gone round to someone's house unannounced who didn't agree with him online then that's way over the top. If we choose not to go to certain games then that's upto us, the tinpot trophy is a prime example.

In regards to what Sid said about the board lately then I agree, certain posters take over almost every thread with the plain offensive, vile cr@p they spout. They're openly disrespectful to other posters they know nothing about, they're Tw@ts. It'll be a relief when the footy starts again as we seem to able to be reasonable when discussing that subject.

"FFS" - can everyone just save their judgments and vile comment till the season has at least started. AH Has saved our club and is doing what he believes is the best for our club. The morons now making stupid ill-informed comments are the same morons that made vile and evil comments about Ray & Eileen Trew. Give it up now because that is not the behaviour of a true Notts County supporter.

carry on Alan, in you we trust.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Sod that. As Chairman, he should not call supporters "not proper fans " because they won't go to piss pot trophy games. He asked for a ballot and then ignored it.
    I don't think it's the right thing for a chairman to call supporters not proper fans because they will not attend EFL trophy games. As the Chairman they should refrain from public emotional exchanges with supporters. From a club owners point of view it's a competition which can bring in much needed revenue I can understand that, but there needs to be some understanding and acknowledgement of why fans are against this competition.

As someone who has boycotted this competition it is not about my support or not for my club, but is bigger than that and it's about the principle of what the competition stands for. I find it insulting that football league clubs are persuaded to sell the cow for a few magic beans to coin an analogy for the benefit of introducing premier league club B teams to the competition. All the competition in this guise is designed to do is serve the best interests of big clubs. They use lower league clubs and these games as fixtures to develop their own talent. It is wrong fundamentally and wrong in principle hence my boycott. The heritage and traditions of all football league clubs is undermined by these franchises of big clubs.

Like with anything they are testing the water and no doubt the ugly issue of these clubs coming into the football league will rare it's head again at some point until they get their own way.

I tell you a better idea why don't these big clubs actually lend out their prospective future stars to the lower leagues so that their players can play in proper competitive games?

The club had a vote and fans told the club what they thought. The club then went against what the fans said, which they are well within reason to do, but the Chairman must not scold or question fans loyalty to the club because they will not toe the party line and support the clubs decision.

Might be wrong but I seem to remember reading that the Prem/FA were throwing out unofficial comments about Prem funding to the lower divisions if this competition wasn't accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    What he ^ said.
    Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Well said that man. 'Attack the post, not the poster' is spot on. Everyone is entitled to disagree with anything but that's rarely an excuse for a personal attack on someone's general character.
    Got to agree with you there Swale.

Nice to see that despite all the supposed positives exuding out of The Lane, intolerance and plain bad manners continue to flourish here. "I agree to disagree with you Sir/Madam" is so much nicer and much more conducive of intelligent conversation.
    I had to re read this a couple of times to make sure it wasn't a wind up. It must be.

Or does calling someone a prick(amongst other things) not count as bad manners anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I had to re read this a couple of times to make sure it wasn't a wind up. It must be.

Or does calling someone a prick(amongst other things) not count as bad manners anymore?
    I have turned a new leaf and have decided to become much more tolerant of fools and bigots. Any previous comment made is hereby declared null and void. My good fellow.
    (See! )

I have turned a new leaf and have decided to become much more tolerant of fools and bigots. Any previous comment made is hereby declared null and void. My good fellow.
    (See! )
    Fair enough.

But never tolerate fools and bigots, for that encourages them to fool themselves. Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    If AH has gone round to someone's house unannounced who didn't agree with him online then that's way over the top. If we choose not to go to certain games then that's upto us, the tinpot trophy is a prime example.
    Over the top? It's ****ing ridiculous.

The fact posters on here are even defending him shows that they need their heads testing.

[QUOTE=crazyfists;38581118]

In regards to what Sid said about the board lately then I agree, certain posters take over almost every thread with the plain offensive, vile cr@p they spout. They're openly disrespectful to other posters they know nothing about, they're Tw@ts

Is it me or does the above post have a bit of irony about it

[QUOTE=i961pie;38581569]
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post

In regards to what Sid said about the board lately then I agree, certain posters take over almost every thread with the plain offensive, vile cr@p they spout. They're openly disrespectful to other posters they know nothing about, they're Tw@ts

Is it me or does the above post have a bit of irony about it
    Ha ha I appreciate that but it needed saying and I'll just limit it to this post not clog up every OT with excrement like they do. There's only two to be fair I'm really meaning and I'm sure you can work out who they are. Anyway have a good Sunday mate.

[QUOTE=crazyfists;38581615]
    Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post

Ha ha I appreciate that but it needed saying and I'll just limit it to this post not clog up every OT with excrement like they do. There's only two to be fair I'm really meaning and I'm sure you can work out who they are. Anyway have a good Sunday mate.

[QUOTE=crazyfists;38581615][QUOTE=i961pie
    Ha ha I appreciate that but it needed saying and I'll just limit it to this post not clog up every OT with excrement like they do. There's only two to be fair I'm really meaning and I'm sure you can work out who they are. Anyway have a good Sunday mate.[/QUOTE]

Hits the big like button

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234