shopify analytics
+ Visit Queen of the South FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Threave Rovers vs Queens 17s

Threave Rovers vs Queens 17s

Queens 17s are playing at 3pm today at Castle Douglas vs Threave Rovers.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Queens 17s are playing at 3pm today at Castle Douglas vs Threave Rovers.
    I'll be there with the wife. Anyone else going? 4/2 entry.

Name:  IMG_0148.JPG
Views: 417
Size:  91.4 KB

Good idea good day out - take the wife - good shopping and some nice pubs/restaurants in CD

Threave 0 Queens 1. Queens open the scoring after 24 mins and miss a cracking opportunity to double their lead 2 mins later in front of a crowd of approximately 85 at a sun drenched Meadow Park.

Threave Rovers 0 Queen of the South 2. In the 42nd minute the young Queens player lobs the Threave keeper from 25 yards after he makes an error and spills the ball. Queens hold on to the 2 goal lead until half time.

49 mins in and Threave pull a goal back. Queens now lead 2-1 after making 5 changes at half time.

Full time Threave Rovers 1 Queen of the South 2. Entertaining game. Most impressed by Queens number 8 who ran the midfield and played the full 90 minutes and the striker number 18 that came on at half time and was a real live wire that did everything but score.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Anderson View Post
    Full time Threave Rovers 1 Queen of the South 2. Entertaining game. Most impressed by Queens number 8 who ran the midfield and played the full 90 minutes and the striker number 18 that came on at half time and was a real live wire that did everything but score.
    Thanks for the Match Report - your contribution much appreciated

Haha no bother

Hi Mark, I was so impressed with our no8 that I asked the coaching staff who he was at full time. This lad is Dom Mcmahon (mcmann) ??, not sure of the spelling. I don't know if he was skipper but he played a skipper's role, always talking,pointing, encouragining.

By the way I'm pretty sure the score was 1-1. The 1st Queens 'goal' was given offside.

Again talking to the coaches at the end they said that our under 17 squad had three 14 year olds, the majority being 15 and a few 16s. It was good to see them cope so well up against full grown men.

Thanks too to our opening poster without whom I wouldn't have known we had a game.

Quote Originally Posted by nimian View Post
    Hi Mark, I was so impressed with our no8 that I asked the coaching staff who he was at full time. This lad is Dom Mcmahon (mcmann) ??, not sure of the spelling. I don't know if he was skipper but he played a skipper's role, always talking,pointing, encouragining.

By the way I'm pretty sure the score was 1-1. The 1st Queens 'goal' was given offside.

Again talking to the coaches at the end they said that our under 17 squad had three 14 year olds, the majority being 15 and a few 16s. It was good to see them cope so well up against full grown men.

Thanks too to our opening poster without whom I wouldn't have known we had a game.
    Jeez, you're right, what a tit haha. In my defence, I was buying a can of cider at the time and had my back to the game

Dom McMahon (Chinese looking) has good potential. My second cousin, Liam Douglas plays in the same team, not sure how long he played on Saturday but I've spoken to Dom for the last 3 or 4 seasons at Palmerston and keep asking him how he's getting on. I heard there was an offside decision that had the score finish at 1-1.
    Last edited by ALBERTZ_11; 10-07-2017 at 08:15 AM.