+ Visit Derby County FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: George Thorne

Just ditch him ffs

Hes been paid a fortune by this club and we have little to show for it.

Whats the odds it twindles on for 2 or 3 months? Surely his teammates are getting annoyed by it aswell? Some of them havent missed a game in 2 years, whilst this sicknote is missing for years on end ffs

I know who I would like to get rid of and it's not George!

DcfcArmy. You make r4j look intelligent

thats one hell of a feat, but I see what you mean mista. I think they may actually be the same person (or twins) as they both display such ignorance at a level rarely seen in normal society!

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Just ditch him ffs

Whats the odds it twindles on for 2 or 3 months? Surely his teammates are getting annoyed by it aswell? Some of them havent missed a game in 2 years, whilst this sicknote is missing for years on end ffs
    I've never heard so much garbage in my life!
    True we have little actual success in that time although I enjoyed getting to within a defensive mistake of likely beating a 10 man jammy QPR AT Wembley. Did you not enjoy that and recognise George's contribution?

As for his teammates getting annoyed???
    I dare bet as genuine colleagues of George and knowing they are a mis-timed tackle away from their career being ended prematurely , they have every sympathy with him.

I'm frustrated we aren't seeing George at his best which in this league, and in the DM position, he is probably peerless!

By the way, I hope if you are unfortunate enough to have an injury that stops you doing what your best at, that your employer shows a different attitude to yours!
    Looking at your posts, that injury is likely to be a wrist that cannot withstand vigorous movement!!

He is typing furiously, Rob?

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    He is typing furiously, Rob?
    Beating his lap(top)

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Just ditch him ffs

Good grief ,what a bell end we have here. Hope your family never read this and need your assistance in their life

Remember George is only 24 . We have in your words paid him a fortune , so we need to hang in there and let him get back playing and we can see what we have, if its clear we will never see him back to his best, after he gets playing again then a decision will have to be made .The rest of this year we should know one way or another so just relax

Eddy The thing is the club don't even have to pay him while he's injured the insurance company does that

Though his injury fustrated us all to death, he is still a top player we should keep a hold off and make him build up his game recovery slowly, he has been rushed back time and time again and he comes back injured and that is why we need to always have a back up in place for a situation such as this one, with George Thorne because having a vital player out who is a game changer can prove very costly and we don't want that to keep happening when we are trying to gain promotion to the Premier League.

Rowett no doubt knows Thornes contribution could again be limited and moved quickly to bring in Huddlestone. Both break up play and have brilliant vision and we now have the luxury that barring injury to both we don't have to experiment with the likes of Johnson playing out of position as a DM.

I just hope players don't read posts as some are written off time and again by so called supporters.

I'm guessing Thorne is more pissed off than any of the other players or supporters about not being able to play. There is of course a chance that he might not recover to play again at this standard but unless he is 'medically retired' or whilst he is contracted to the club we should back him not vilify and discard him ..... FFS

Quality player IMO

Hes played about 36 games in 3 seasons ffs

Hes missed whole seasons through injury, albeit one of them was a leg break from a mick mccarthy clogger granted, we should have repaid the favour on that front.

But hes never going to be 100% is he,, hes had too many injurys,, and lets not feel too sorry for him, hes a millionaire who wont have to work a day once his playing career is over.

Your rationale over his limited game time is pretty spot on but it's when you make comments like 'we should have repaid the favour on that front' that you are shown to be a bit of a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    Your rationale over his limited game time is pretty spot on but it's when you make comments like 'we should have repaid the favour on that front' that you are shown to be a bit of a tool.
    Not even sure about the 'rationale', Manx. GT's unavailability is deeply frustrating but, he had a bad injury...was coming back from it well and then suffered a complicated double fracture...just a case of '**** happens'.
    Can't argue with your second point though.

So just to be clear, the rationale here is that if you have a contract to do a job and you get injured during that job which prevents you doing that job, then your employer should cancel that contract and end your career, even though the reason you can't do the job is not your fault?

Thats not only harsh but frankly ludicrous and why does the amount of money he earns alter the morality of that view?

I'm guessing if Thorne recovers to full fitness and helps Derby to promotion with his peerless performances you will suddenly change your tune FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    So just to be clear, the rationale here is that if you have a contract to do a job and you get injured during that job which prevents you doing that job, then your employer should cancel that contract and end your career, even though the reason you can't do the job is not your fault?

Thats not only harsh but frankly ludicrous and why does the amount of money he earns alter the morality of that view?

I'm guessing if Thorne recovers to full fitness and helps Derby to promotion with his peerless performances you will suddenly change your tune FFS!
    Regretably thems the rule Swale, in 'normal' business if not in football. Been alongside a number of folk who slipped quietly out of employment in just such a manner

Yep, very normal to end employment in such a manner. It's bad luck but dcfc doesn't owe him a career.

I think the signing of Huddlestone will see Thorne as a bench player for this season, could even see him going out on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Yep, very normal to end employment in such a manner. It's bad luck but dcfc doesn't owe him a career.

I think the signing of Huddlestone will see Thorne as a bench player for this season, could even see him going out on loan.
    I'm not so sure, I think GR prefers a system with 2 holding midfielders and given a fully fit squad Thorne and Huddlestone would get the vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Regretably thems the rule Swale, in 'normal' business if not in football. Been alongside a number of folk who slipped quietly out of employment in just such a manner
    Really? I'm surprised. People 'slipping quietly out of employment' because of illness perhaps, but because of injury sustained as a direct result of such employment?

Can't see him being loaned out Adi. Too valuable an asset and nothing to prove ability wise. If we can keep a fit and capable DCM in the form of Thorne or Huddlestone...one playing an hour and the other coming on for the last thirty minutes then that'll do for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Really? I'm surprised. People 'slipping quietly out of employment' because of illness perhaps, but because of injury sustained as a direct result of such employment?
    Shaun Barker

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast