+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: George Thorne

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    The bloke is paid 1000s to play football though ffs,, i can understand leg breaks,, but hes notfit 95% of the time,, if i was rowett and club owner id be getting sick of him tbh, the likes of keogh russell etc play 50 games a season without issues, yet thorne cant manage 2 games on the bounce without a "niggle",, hes paid good money to do f***all. Get rid and get him off the books.
    He may be paid good money but I doubt its all by us. I imagine there is a nice insurance underwriter somewhere who is paying all or some of it.

I will be amazed if we get 10 to 15 games out of him this season

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I think a hamstring tweak is to be expected in his situation. Hopefully it's not too serious this time but he can't be one to build a side around unfortunately.
    Never understand why rugby players seem to recover from hamstring injuries so much quicker than footballers...or is that just an impression?
    Because they are hard

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Because they are hard
    Indeed Andy, as this morning showed. I am actually in awe of the commitment shown by the Lions and the intelligent leadership of Sam Warburton, but 'hardness' doesn't speed up recovery from a hamstring or a broken leg.

Bit of usual overreaction to Thornes setback Rowett has already said he wants him ready to start the opening game

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Bit of usual overreaction to Thornes setback Rowett has already said he wants him ready to start the opening game
    So do I but he's made of glass!

He could potentially become another Shaun Barker.

Wonder how he managed to play 33 games in 2016 but then again your probably right a double leg break is a really poor excuse for not playing

George Thorne injury update latest: http://m.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-...ail/story.html

George Thorne latest update on his injury: http://m.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-...ail/story.html

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)