+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A week to go!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A week to go!!!!

Well the drought will end next weekend when we start all over again. Clearly the squad is still at least three players down on what will be required for a seasons campaign so hopefully Naysmith will be active in the market this week. The McFadden position is still unclear and basically it will be a case of affordability and if he wishes to play for the Queens. He would undoubtedly bring some required creativity to the squad and help with the likes of Tapping but we need a fully committed, fit player and not someone just intent of winding down to his retirement. Stay tuned and as always Mon the South.

Let's hope that Queens get McFadden signed and that he's committed to playing again. I've heard that Dom Thomas is a target for Dundee United and Falkirk on loan, if Well don't want him. I would have thought that Queens would go for him again.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Let's hope that Queens get McFadden signed and that he's committed to playing again. I've heard that Dom Thomas is a target for Dundee United and Falkirk on loan, if Well don't want him. I would have thought that Queens would go for him again.
    Thomas signed a three year deal with Killie this morning.

Now only 3 days to go and we face Stenny with a very small squad . I'm actually a bit worried we've not made more signings . The reduced players budget is going to cripple us this season IMO

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Now only 3 days to go and we face Stenny with a very small squad . I'm actually a bit worried we've not made more signings . The reduced players budget is going to cripple us this season IMO
    Nothing in the way of transfer activity so far this week and the longer we take the fewer the quality players that will be available. Other clubs appear to be fairly active reducing the pool of talent still unattached. Maybe Naysmith will use his contacts at higher levels to attract some decent players to Palmerston on a loan basis. Here's hoping because currently the squad is looking pretty bare.

This appears to be a worrying trend. I reckon the only club less busy than Queens in the ScoChamp is Dunfermline.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)