+ Visit Doncaster Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me being impatient?

Three words - discipline, consistency, concentration. All three are lacking.

Ferguson often says that they don't do on the pitch what he has trained them to do. For example, why on earth is Butler so often up front. It is absurd that in a recent match he was declared offside in the opposition penalty area.

If Ferguson keeps messing about with different formations and even changing them in the middle of a match, it is no wonder the players don't know where they are or are supposed to be. That may be OK for Premier teams, but we are not Premier material.

Concentration is obvious. Conceding two goals in quick succession, occasionally without having touched the ball before the second goal.

We are more or less back in the table where we were when Ferguson joined us. He has achieved nothing.

Just got back apart from the two goals there was no difference two poor sides lack lustre performance created enough chances again fergie must now be looking over his shoulder he has been in the game long enough two league wins since we beat Mansfield last season is not good

I would be delighted if we were in the Championship. I would be very happy if we were just in the top half of league one. I would be happy if we had a balanced team that was consistent and played well all of the time. But there is nothing to be happy about because we are none of the above and I can barely see who we can predict a win against based on how we are playing right now. Attendances can only drop as off the team fail to deliver time and time again.

Since Mansfield, as you mentioned lifelong, we have played 16 league games, won 2, drawn 4, lost 10.
    How can the club expect to keep fans on board with a record like that?

Well, another disastrous day. And the usual comments from Ferguson. He and the players are all saying how disappointed they are in the performance. So what's new. We hear it week after week, but nothing changes. We are one place even further down the table. Just two home wins out of eight. Where will it all end? Is it going to be like this for the rest of the season?
    As I said at the end of September, discipline, consistency, concentration. All three are lacking.

Since Ferguson arrived we went down a division and come back up. This season we have won 4, drawn 3 and lost 8. Is that the record of a successful manager? Not in my opinion. Are we supposed to be content with an unsuccessful manager? Not in my opinion. At Christmas, at the very latest, either the board need to cough up for new players or a new manager, otherwise we will be a relegation battle all season. Clearly something is not working whether it is Ferguson's style, formation or the players that cannot cope in this league. Change is desperately needed as we are no better off than when we had Dickov in charge. Even the most loyal Fergie fans must have some doubts that he cannot motivate the players. All that matters is getting up the table one way or another and it takes more than blame to do that. We need changes because we cannot live with this misery all season.

If we can lose so badly at home to Walsall I can't see us picking up more than 1 point in the next 4 games against Bury (A), Rotherham (H), Fleetwood (A), Wigan (A). By that point how many fans will be happy? Even before we do the predictions I will be going for a 1-1 draw against Bury and losses in the next 3 games based on current performance.

Got to go iam sorry but that’s the game we’re in results count

Add ‎naivety to the list of repetitive weaknesses that the players seem incapable of overcoming. And judging from match reports, training must include practice hitting the bar and the post, as they seem to be doing this with alarming frequency. Meanwhile, a bit further up the road, as if to add insult to injury, Huddersfield are taking Manchester United to the cleaners...

IMO. Let’s get to the point. I only say this because I care.

If we don’t have any significant changes at Christmas we will be facing relegation at the end of the season as we always run out of steam in the second half.

I do believe the players have the ability to be mid-table but even if Fergie stays it is he who needs to change. He needs to:-
    . work out his best XI and stick with them for continuity,
    . make players on the bench fight to get onto the pitch,
    . stop messing about with formations as they are mostly young lads not premiership players,
    . use players where they best fit for their natural abilities instead of making them fit into “his style”,
    . stop calling them “the lad” as they do have name,
    . encourage and support the players like the good manager he should be,
    . brief players on a strategy before the game and leave them to get on with it, and review the game afterwards. How can players play at their best when they are constantly being shouted at, micro-managed and in fear of making mistakes?

Where is the fun in the game these days? I have said before that John Ryan leaving the club took the heart out of the club. The board is distinctly absent. David Blunt and Andy Watson certainly don’t have the personality of John Ryan. Fergie is condescending and petulant and he removes anyone who argues with him. With more fun on the pitch and a winning streak by the players even the fans would have more fun. If Fergie can't change he needs to go and make room for a manager who can get things right.

So he will survive another few weeks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast