+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harry keen on Keogh

He gives 100% worth ethic no question about that but he makes too many errors for my liking and he is too lightweight when it comes to defending set piece situations.

R4j. Another gem from you to lightweight defending set pieces Is that why he's only played 486 league games You would have thought all those manages he has played for somebody would have spotted that he's to lightweight at set pieces wouldn't you Don't get me wrong I'm not bothered whether he stays or goes but sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for

Hes always got a f*** up in him. Who can remember the zamora goal, ya know the that cost us 90 f****** million, or the absolute doozy v burnley a couple of seasons ago where he not only had an abso,ute nightmare for 90 mins, but also scored an acrobatic own goal that robin van persie would have been proud with,, in the big games hes no leader, he looks to blame others for the mistakes he contributes too, not a leader in my eyes, and with him leading any back 4 id be worried, never going up with a keogh running the defence,, we need a hard c*** that can defend and organise,, ala a glenn whelan type.

As for thorne i dont see why people love him so much,, yes a good dm, but is injured most of the time and hes had all of about 10 good games for us,, even stimac didnt get this type of leve in,, no room for sentimentallity ffs, we need someone who can get through 46 games and be a rock in midfield for us, step forward a glenn whelan.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Hes always got a f*** up in him. Who can remember the zamora goal, ya know the that cost us 90 f****** million, or the absolute doozy v burnley a couple of seasons ago where he not only had an abso,ute nightmare for 90 mins, but also scored an acrobatic own goal that robin van persie would have been proud with,, in the big games hes no leader, he looks to blame others for the mistakes he contributes too, not a leader in my eyes, and with him leading any back 4 id be worried, never going up with a keogh running the defence,, we need a hard c*** that can defend and organise,, ala a glenn whelan type.

As for thorne i dont see why people love him so much,, yes a good dm, but is injured most of the time and hes had all of about 10 good games for us,, even stimac didnt get this type of leve in,, no room for sentimentallity ffs, we need someone who can get through 46 games and be a rock in midfield for us, step forward a glenn whelan.
    Nobody has said he's a great leader and I should think Curtis Davies is likely to get that job whatever happens. We're talking about his ability as a defender. I'm bored with all the...Keogh's to blame for us losing at Wembley. A mistake is a mistake whether it's in the last minute of a crucial match or the first minute of a game you end up winning comfortably. Hughes gave the ball away at Wembley and Buxton was at fault too but let's all blame Keogh...especially seeing as he cried afterwards.
    Keogh has, imo, done very well for us. Thorne has been frustratingly unlucky but you can't legislate for a complicated double leg break.
    There are players who probably deserve some flack and I agree we need to find a midfield general/'rock' but targeting individual players doesn't help and in Thorne and Keogh you've chosen the wrong ones anyway imo.

Wembley was an example of our inability to break down a side, something we've seen plenty of in recent seasons rather than blaming an individual. His passion was shown in the tears. I'd be happy if he stayed though looking increasingly unlikely.

Dcfc. Ffs is bringing Wembley up the best you can yes he scored an own goal at Burnley but that wasn't the reason we lost because Butters equalised straight away try blaming Shackel for the two penalties he gave and you might be nearer the truth To pick two matches out of the near 200 he's played for us is pathetic There is a lot of dross we need to get rid of but Keogh is way down the list You come back on here and tell us who you think out of our squad would play for us with a broken nose I bet you can't name one

Jonny russell would play through a broken nose

Sorry but 3m for keogh and its bye bye for me, hes not the wandering "jew" hes the wandering donkey,, not good enough and 3m would recoup the losses from shackell,, who can then be sold for 1m or a bit less.

Keogh.. we need better and a more solid and better organiser, esp at set pieces,, he should have done better organising for forests late goal last season,, the goal that ended up keeping the bas****s up remember.

Keogh has the ability to move out of his position and drive up the field and commit 100% to his work ethic and try and score a goal for himself which no one can knock him for, but at the end of the day he is not a leader that we seek which is why we brought in Curtis Davies who ticks all the boxes to be an all out leader, who can guide the team in tough situations and take them on to the next step and which is why we are selling most of our players on to better things to freshen up our squad, to finally get us over the line and achieve promotion which we have failed to do on numerous occasions with the current crop of players we currently have in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Jonny russell would play through a broken nose

Sorry but 3m for keogh and its bye bye for me, hes not the wandering "jew" hes the wandering donkey,, not good enough and 3m would recoup the losses from shackell,, who can then be sold for 1m or a bit less.

Keogh.. we need better and a more solid and better organiser, esp at set pieces,, he should have done better organising for forests late goal last season,, the goal that ended up keeping the bas****s up remember.
    Little point in arguing further. Keogh is probably to blame for all our recent failings and most of the World's too in your eyes. Fact is, he's much better at his job than Jonny Russell is at his.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Little point in arguing further. Keogh is probably to blame for all our recent failings and most of the World's too in your eyes. Fact is, he's much better at his job than Jonny Russell is at his.
    .....or. little point in arguing further as DCFC Army goes to different games to me. Just because he looks fit to knife someone most of the time doesn't make him a bad player, I've enjoyed his performances for the most part and I can'y help but feel that one particular error, and we know which one, will forever taint some people's views

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)