+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor pre season preparation strikes again

Poor pre season preparation strikes again

Now I would consider myself an intelligent bloke but I'm still not sure who is in charge of fitness.

A new fella I believe has been appointed but Warnes says "I am doing this and not this etc" suggesting he is still actively involved and probably in charge.

We have failed to do what was needed and introduce a modern fit for purpose fitness and physiotherapy set up.

Lots of people on here see Warney as a fitness guru presumably because he rides a bike to work but the evidence suggests otherwise.

The last two seasons it was there for all to see...We looked the least fit and energetic side in the Championship..Who was in charge?...Paul Warne....Who appears to be in charge now?....Paul Warne!

In the modern sporting world this area is such an important area and it seems that yet again we have missed the boat.

We need a team of fitness experts experienced in the fitness and training of elite athletes and with expertise in the latest science of fitness.

Wearing a heart monitor in training is not sufficient.

Have we got the above?...I doubt it...Why do we continue with our old fashioned penny pinching approach to preparation instead of putting in an infrastructure that would be a prerequisite for success?

I know we will get the usual fishing nonsense and you are destroying this site but only from people who cannot answer any of the questions posed.

If we keep telling ourselves that we are little old fashioned Rotherham then that is self fulfilling and little old Rotherham is where we will stay.

Kempo I know you like your rants but can you please just keep to the point and keep these things short in the future.

First I will point out I have no idea what is in this new building at roundwood so I can't comment about what we do or do not have.
    However I will say judging from the size of roundwood I don't think it's big enough to hold all the equipment training grounds generally need. That being said it is still a huge improvement to what we used to have. Also your talking about hiring at least 5 professionals which I'm not sure we could afford without dipping into the player wage funds.

And last of all I really don't see how anyone can call a club with new training facilities and new stadium and youth program old fashioned.

The future is bright the future is red and white.

Kempo how can anyone take you seriously you've gone from encouraging everyone to leave the site to the other week red carding yourself and saying you're not coming on to coming back on and attention seeking again.
    I'm not sure if you were bullied st school or you just seek attention but honestly your insecurities for a grown man are pitiful to be honest I do pity you.
    Maybe one day you will find yourself in a place where you can relax and not seek everyone's attention.
    Good luck you poor thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Kempo how can anyone take you seriously you've gone from encouraging everyone to leave the site to the other week red carding yourself and saying you're not coming on to coming back on and attention seeking again.
    I'm not sure if you were bullied st school or you just seek attention but honestly your insecurities for a grown man are pitiful to be honest I do pity you.
    Maybe one day you will find yourself in a place where you can relax and not seek everyone's attention.
    Good luck you poor thing.
    Many a true word...

Kempo are you sure it's right Utd your on about. A team of fitness experts, your going to make do with Warney & Barker.

See what Richie Barker brings to the training, by all accounts players enjoy his training methods.

Players with the right attitude will be able to get there fitness levels up to the required standard no problem on the training facilities we provide.

One word to sum the 'doc' up...pathetic....

Just when you think that Kempo can never dig himself into a deeper hole......

......he always exceeds everyones expectations

Usual abusive posts from the usual suspects who are incapable of understanding and discussing in a reasonable way.

Most people would agree that in the last two seasons we were the worst looking side with regard to fitness.

The person in charge of fitness was Paul Warne..

The person who from his comments would appear to be in charge of fitness now is......Paul Warne!

It seems that this is not worthy of discussion but only merits personal abuse from the usual crowd who have virtually taken over the message bord by bullying anyone with a different opinion.

We will see what transpires but so far a team called Parkgate managed to score 2 against us.

That is a fact and the first bit of evidence to use when formulating an opinion about our future performances albeit a small piece of the evidential jigsaw to come.

Cue further abuse!

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    Just when you think that Kempo can never dig himself into a deeper hole......

......he always exceeds everyones expectations
    admission/ admittance.

I would have used a different word. Big deal. South Grove or RGS?

My vision of you and your posts.....

Interesting that you feel that there is a space after a backslash, yet no space before it. Yes, I can stoop as low as you can, when pushed. Rejoice, you have a little bit of attention.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast