+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jota

£8m from Hughes & £10m from Ince that's £18m, plus £2m tax deduction that's £16m to spend on finding replacements for Hughes & Ince.

When Rush was at the club he stated that the club was in a healthy condition and was stable and wasn't in any troubles with FFP. Now we are trying to slim down our squad because there is a certain limit in amount of players you can have in your squad before you breach those limits and become unstable and it will cause all sorts of problems if not handled correctly and Rowett is trying to solve that as best as he can and he got to shift players that wan't to move, is best for the club and clubs that want the players in which if that is all possible then we can move for the players that we require and we can have more of a balance in the side and see some more positive results on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    £8m from Hughes & £10m from Ince that's £18m, plus £2m tax deduction that's £16m to spend on finding replacements for Hughes & Ince.
    Oh dear - oh dear: a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, and I suspect your knowledge of corporation tax as it impacts on football clubs is very little. (a) I would hazard that we have accumulated enough tax losses brought forward to cover any tax due and (b) we certainly will have trading losses in 17-18 due to wage bill etc plus (c) if we reinvest in the replacement players you crave, then again the tax will be covered by the cost of those players being written off.

As for your calculation, were any tax to be payable (ie no other offset) and if your figures are correct then the tax bill would be 19% on Hughes £ 8m less zero acquisition cost and 19% on Ince - £ 10m less acquisition cost of 5m, already at least 75% written off I think. therefore £ 1.25m. This gives us £ 3.2 million.

No doubt you will cite an authoritative source for this new found tax knowledge?

Incidentally you state Hughes as sold for £8m. I presume that you are including something for a waiver of fees on Vydra/Anya, which, as far as I am aware, has not been confirmed one way or another?

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    When Rush was at the club he stated that the club was in a healthy condition and was stable and wasn't in any troubles with FFP. Now we are trying to slim down our squad because there is a certain limit in amount of players you can have in your squad before you breach those limits and become unstable and it will cause all sorts of problems if not handled correctly and Rowett is trying to solve that as best as he can and he got to shift players that wan't to move, is best for the club and clubs that want the players in which if that is all possible then we can move for the players that we require and we can have more of a balance in the side and see some more positive results on the pitch.
    ....and, breathe. No I cannot understand a word of that and, like Stenson before me, I withdraw from the debate

Don't blind him with science Rog, how long before we have to submit our accounts, it's every 3 years isnt it?

Back to square one we go seems like the old times or maybe like you say "it's every 3yrs."

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Oh dear - oh dear: a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, and I suspect your knowledge of corporation tax as it impacts on football clubs is very little. (a) I would hazard that we have accumulated enough tax losses brought forward to cover any tax due and (b) we certainly will have trading losses in 17-18 due to wage bill etc plus (c) if we reinvest in the replacement players you crave, then again the tax will be covered by the cost of those players being written off.

As for your calculation, were any tax to be payable (ie no other offset) and if your figures are correct then the tax bill would be 19% on Hughes £ 8m less zero acquisition cost and 19% on Ince - £ 10m less acquisition cost of 5m, already at least 75% written off I think. therefore £ 1.25m. This gives us £ 3.2 million.

No doubt you will cite an authoritative source for this new found tax knowledge?

Incidentally you state Hughes as sold for £8m. I presume that you are including something for a waiver of fees on Vydra/Anya, which, as far as I am aware, has not been confirmed one way or another?

You make it sound like it's the end of the world with those percentages and it's all doom and gloom we might as well pack up our bags and be off into the sunset.

If things are that bad why did we offer £7million for Lawrence

See above, I reckon we could afford 7 or 8m with no further sales, but NOT to spend the 15-18m money received for Hughes and Ince, but who knows

We could go out and buy a player without selling but we risk overcrowding the squad. We want to sell as much players as possible if we can and that is if the players want to leave and someone comes in for them but until then we have to see what comes up as the window closes on August 31st.

Roger you would rather spend Morris's money instead of the money that we have received from Hughes & Ince, you like digging into Morris's pockets don't you.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)