+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Jota

Roger hadn't implied anywhere that he wants us to keep spending, in fact as an accountant I'd imagine he'd advocate quite strongly that we live within our means which is what dcfc is trying to do now, it is you sir that is spending Mel morris' money not Roger, I don't think we have that 16m to spend like you do and using the excuse of overcrowding in the squad is just a roundabout way of saying we need to reign in a bit to fall inside FFP

Thanks Stenny, you are right - what I meant R4J is that we could maybe afford to spend 7-8m out of the Hughes/Ince 18m that you have identified. It all comes out of the same pocket after all.

As for having a crowded squad, apart from the impact on the wage bill, I dont have a problem with that as its possibly better to keep too many players than to take the hit in one year of cutting them loose.

Really Stenson because even Rowett said we had an overcrowded squad and we need to get rid, so are you suggesting he is talking out his arse then.

Oh! and by the way Roger it was sarcasm you took it to heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    Really Stenson because even Rowett said we had an overcrowded squad and we need to get rid, so are you suggesting he is talking out his arse then.
    Of course he said it I won't deny it but he'll say to the fans whatever Mel Morris tells him to say to the fans, stop being naive, it's just a clever way of lowering fans expectations after a year or 2 of splashing the cash

I don't think Mel Morris tells him what he has to say in his interviews I think he has his own personal opinions, if he had the owner telling him what to say he wouldn't be a manager and I certainly wouldn't want an owner breathing down my neck that's for sure. We have had past interferences in the dressing room but now we have Rowett as manager, he has total control on what is what and Mel is happy to help Rowett if he needs anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    Oh! and by the way Roger it was sarcasm you took it to heart.
    In which case I dont think you know what sarcasm is

Of course I'm just guessing like we all are but I don't think I'm a million miles from the truth, if that 16m you alluded to was earmarked to be reinvested I do believe Lawrence and Jota would be Derby players by now, my opinion is we have half that without selling

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    In which case I dont think you know what sarcasm is
    Ah! such a kiddah...

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Of course I'm just guessing like we all are but I don't think I'm a million miles from the truth, if that 16m you alluded to was earmarked to be reinvested I do believe Lawrence and Jota would be Derby players by now, my opinion is we have half that without selling

It takes more then here Brentford and Leicester here's £8m and £10m on the table come and give us your player now, it doesn't work like that because for one the player has to agree to come and join us and two the club has to accept the offer it's not straight forward as you think it is Stenson but we wish it was.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)