+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: All things cricket

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    The result tells you whether the declaration was right or not.

Like discussing whether 3-1 is better than 4-2, purely academic when nowt can be gained by the margin of victory.

Nice to see Joe's reviews getting better
    Right result granted and a brilliant turnround from the Scabbingham test last week, but we all know if it was anybody else other than Our Joe you definately wudda slated em.Blockmod won't say he thinks Sir Geoffrey was wrong yet still has a dig at the likes of Bully&me for sayin the declaration came too late,what a plank he is.We all know you're Stubborn as well as Grumpy mi owd pal don't we? Will ya be at Old Trafford for the next test? UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Right result granted and a brilliant turnround from the Scabbingham test last week, but we all know if it was anybody else other than Our Joe you definately wudda slated em.Blockmod won't say he thinks Sir Geoffrey was wrong yet still has a dig at the likes of Bully&me for sayin the declaration came too late,what a plank he is.We all know you're Stubborn as well as Grumpy mi owd pal don't we? Will ya be at Old Trafford for the next test? UTCB
    We won the test match with 3 and a half hours to spare,Bully and you were just being drama queens,moaning about the time of the declaration,Joe got it spot on,for once Sir Geoffrey was wrong,i bet Surrey CCC and the ECB were happy Joe did not declare earlier

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    We won the test match with 3 and a half hours to spare,Bully and you were just being drama queens,moaning about the time of the declaration,Joe got it spot on,for once Sir Geoffrey was wrong,i bet Surrey CCC and the ECB were happy Joe did not declare earlier
    WOW thaz finally plucked up courage to say Sir Geoffrey was wrong,well done.The ECB must've made a packet chargin£20 and a quid for kids,that said i'm delighted England won,some outstandin performances,notably the git that did for Yorks last season and of course the new Freddie Flintoff.UTCB

Perfetly timed. Mid afternoon finish, good drink time for the lads and, as BD says, and I said earleir,ECB and Surrey happy with the extra revenue.

If there was rain forecast or they didn't have Amla and such a good record then he could have gone earlier but if there's one Blades judgement and ability I would trust it's young Mr Root's.

Sir Geoff was as cautious and STUBBORN a cricketer you could ever meet but, when sat on the sidelines, it's so much easier to make those calls because it can't come back and bite you on the bum.

Just listen to Shane Warne, he'd need 15 fielders and would change bowlers mid over if he could. Easy to be wise after the event.

Can't argue with the win no doubt helped with the hat trick which don't come along that often especially for spinners without that it would have been much harder and we had decent weather,waiting that long will cost him more than he wins in this country in the future,the win means Jennings will get a last chance next test pressures off

Big well done to em all

Perfetly timed. Mid afternoon finish, good drink time for the lads and, as BD says, and I said earleir,ECB and Surrey happy with the extra revenue.

If there was rain forecast or they didn't have Amla and such a good record then he could have gone earlier but if there's one Blades judgement and ability I would trust it's young Mr Root's.

Sir Geoff was as cautious and STUBBORN a cricketer you could ever meet but, when sat on the sidelines, it's so much easier to make those calls because it can't come back and bite you on the bum.

Just listen to Shane Warne, he'd need 15 fielders and would change bowlers mid over if he could. Easy to be wise after the event.
    When sat on the sidelines it's much easier is it? Pity tha dunt use that theory when spoutin thi bile at King Kev TT isn't it? Anyway we won the test and we'll just have to agree to disagree abart the timin of the dcelaration but as i've said previously anyone else other than Our Joe and we all know who'd've been bellowin the loudest and it would be you whether ya wanna admit or not.Roll on Satdi.UTCB

When sat on the sidelines it's much easier is it? Pity tha dunt use that theory when spoutin thi bile at King Kev TT isn't it? Anyway we won the test and we'll just have to agree to disagree abart the timin of the dcelaration but as i've said previously anyone else other than Our Joe and we all know who'd've been bellowin the loudest and it would be you whether ya wanna admit or not.Roll on Satdi.UTCB
    Sat on the sidelines?

FFS , in case you've missed it all these years he's the F'in owner.

Captain of the ( decade of sinking) ship, appointer of all employed there, totally in charge of all that goes on. How is that the 'sideliene'?

I think you're confusing touchline with sideline.

The comparison I was making between those on the sidelines, Warne & Sir Geoff, was that they can have no influence on the goings on of the organisation, no responsibility, no authority.

Your Messiah is the guiding force, the man who sets the course, who steers the ship- and he's hit plenty of rocks and shalows whilst doing it.

All the authority, all the responsibility.His decisions, his culpability.

You 2 have got threads galore to wind each other up over KK can we keep this ONE thread for cricket please

Sat on the sidelines?

FFS , in case you've missed it all these years he's the F'in owner.

Captain of the ( decade of sinking) ship, appointer of all employed there, totally in charge of all that goes on. How is that the 'sideliene'?

I think you're confusing touchline with sideline.

The comparison I was making between those on the sidelines, Warne & Sir Geoff, was that they can have no influence on the goings on of the organisation, no responsibility, no authority.

Your Messiah is the guiding force, the man who sets the course, who steers the ship- and he's hit plenty of rocks and shalows whilst doing it.

All the authority, all the responsibility.His decisions, his culpability.
    I was on abart thee sat on the sidelines ya duck egg. Bully i'm soz,honest.UTCB

Aggers tweeting all a big wind up #100100s

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05b5j5t

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast