+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: All things cricket

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Steak night or stake out?
    Gord knows TT,any chance of bad light saving us?

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Gord knows TT,any chance of bad light saving us?
    No , last rites being said.

How come we thrashed WI last week and now are losing to them.........very odd IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    How come we thrashed WI last week and now are losing to them.........very odd IMHO.
    Would you explain why you find it so odd please?

Imagine a team with 1 point after 4 games going on to get 100 points, very odd or change of fortune, application & attitude?

It happens in many sports, Johanna Conte world no7 losing in the first round to someone about 80th in the world.

The only professional women's rugby union team in the world losing to the NZ amatuers.

Over the last few years I would exoect you to be used to it, eg cup semi final, losing to Fleetwood.

Got to say well done to the windies I didn't see much of it but pretty impressive run chase on day 5,looking at the scores you'd have to say the wicket improved with age now that is odd especially at headingley

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Got to say well done to the windies I didn't see much of it but pretty impressive run chase on day 5,looking at the scores you'd have to say the wicket improved with age now that is odd especially at headingley
    Really curious Bully.

Yesterday afternoon while England were batting there was spin, variable bounce and the less experienced Windies bowlers bowled very well

Today it was benign and we didn't bowl that well although Cook dropping Braithwaite early doors somehow set the tone.

The worst day for batting was the 1st day and,as you say, it got better but maybe the application of most of the batsmen increased as the chips were down. That was not the case with Westley, Malan and Stoneman on day 1.

Still it provided a great game and well done Windies.

Yes watched it yesterday and we were firm favourites at the close of play don't think you can blame joe for wanting them in for the very dodgey 6 overs but at the time I thought a draws fine we can't lose the series bat on for a bit longer,but TBH I never expected them to last the day,as you say made for an enthralling test match

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Would you explain why you find it so odd please?

Imagine a team with 1 point after 4 games going on to get 100 points, very odd or change of fortune, application & attitude?

It happens in many sports, Johanna Conte world no7 losing in the first round to someone about 80th in the world.

The only professional women's rugby union team in the world losing to the NZ amatuers.

Over the last few years I would exoect you to be used to it, eg cup semi final, losing to Fleetwood.
    TT - I know this might appear very cynical but this is a 3 match series at the end of a busy cricket summer with limited interest as no real reason for it. England won the first test easily, and then somehow do not win the second against opposition they should beat. This keeps the series alive which will be good for interest/crowd receipts etc.

I have thought this before in previous summers when 3-match series ALWAYS go to the decider.

Horrible aren't I!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    TT - I know this might appear very cynical but this is a 3 match series at the end of a busy cricket summer with limited interest as no real reason for it. England won the first test easily, and then somehow do not win the second against opposition they should beat. This keeps the series alive which will be good for interest/crowd receipts etc.

I have thought this before in previous summers when 3-match series ALWAYS go to the decider.

Horrible aren't I!!
    Very cynical Aya,i thought the same about the Lions tour this summer

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Very cynical Aya,i thought the same about the Lions tour this summer
    Ha ha..so did I!

Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast