+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: All things cricket

Thank God for the Yorkies. Another 50 for Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Another great platform from the England openers for the team to build on !
    Well Cook can't blame the pressure of captaincy anymore can he? I think his race is run, and I don't think Jennings's race has ever started. Not impressed with him at all.

Not seen enough of Jennings which tells you everything

I wonder what England would give to another Sir Geoffrey at the top of the order? There doesn't seem to be many TEST match batsmen anymore,down to how much limited overs is played.199-9 and Vaughny's just said England have batted pathetically today. UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 15-07-2017 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I wonder what England would give to another Sir Geoffrey at the top of the order? There doesn't seem to be many TEST match batsmen anymore,down to how much limited overs is played.199-9 and Vaughny's just said England have batted pathetically today. UTCB
    Most of it is down to one day cricket Rod and the Australian team under Ponting added to it by scoring quickly to put pressure on their opponents from the off ( a good tactic). That's also fuelled the consideration for 4 day tests

The problem is that most teams now try the same REGARDLESS OF THE SITUATION and conditions, which is brainless unless you possess the ability of someone like Joe and, as we know, there's not many like him about.

He keeps re-writing the record books but one he might live to regret is that he's wasted so many opportunities to go from 50+ to over a 100

Sir Geoffrey is livid with England's batting,by the sounds of what's gone off,he's right,as he usually is

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Sir Geoffrey is livid with England's batting,by the sounds of what's gone off,he's right,as he usually is
    3 top scores all from the Yorkshire trio but, to be fair Joe's was a loose shot after batting sublimely, GB was a decent, but defendable balll and JB got a good 'un.

The rest, largely, got themselves out/ showed poor application.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    3 top scores all from the Yorkshire trio but, to be fair Joe's was a loose shot after batting sublimely, GB was a decent, but defendable balll and JB got a good 'un.

The rest, largely, got themselves out/ showed poor application.
    Accordin to the chaps on TMS Jonny had plenty of luck today TT.England desperately need an old fashioned test Batsman,Sir Geoffrey sez we've no chance of winnin the match.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Accordin to the chaps on TMS Jonny had plenty of luck today TT.England desperately need an old fashioned test Batsman,Sir Geoffrey sez we've no chance of winnin the match.UTCB
    He's right

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    He's right
    I know,he usually is when it comes to Cricket.UTCB

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast