+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Thread: All things cricket

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Just heard this,TT is the man for this,whats gone on here TT?
    A few theories around

1) he saw the writing on the wall at Yorkshire as the squad was in decline/England call ups biting even deeper
    2) he wanted to go back to Oz for more family time- so has he got fed up of the family?
    3) expected to be offered a big job in OZ- didn't materialise. He was in charge of Australia A but their wage strike meant he never got to display his skills on the international scene so no progress for him
    4) He had a big fallout with Wensleydale Creameries- Yorks main sponsor- thought they were too demanding of squad time so maybe he burnt his bridges because of that.

In further news ex Yorks bowler Chris Silverwood now in chaqrge of England bowlers and Anthony McGrath subsequently made head coach of Es*** today- grooming him for a return one day?

There will be a lot of pressure on Andrew gale this season and a good start is *****. Could be difficult if Ballance has a good winter and ends up with England next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    A few theories around

1) he saw the writing on the wall at Yorkshire as the squad was in decline/England call ups biting even deeper
    2) he wanted to go back to Oz for more family time- so has he got fed up of the family?
    3) expected to be offered a big job in OZ- didn't materialise. He was in charge of Australia A but their wage strike meant he never got to display his skills on the international scene so no progress for him
    4) He had a big fallout with Wensleydale Creameries- Yorks main sponsor- thought they were too demanding of squad time so maybe he burnt his bridges because of that.

In further news ex Yorks bowler Chris Silverwood now in chaqrge of England bowlers and Anthony McGrath subsequently made head coach of Es*** today- grooming him for a return one day?

There will be a lot of pressure on Andrew gale this season and a good start is *****. Could be difficult if Ballance has a good winter and ends up with England next summer.
    I would say number 1 and 3 are the most likely,be very disappointed if it was because of number 4 that he has not returned to the fold

I would say number 1 and 3 are the most likely,be very disappointed if it was because of number 4 that he has not returned to the fold
    Yorkshire shudda done everythin possible to get Dizzy back in my opinion,not very good management,in fact it's very poor management.UTCB

I think you are right Blocky, number 1 for me too.

He'd be hard pressed to repeat what he did again so has moved on o pastures new.

Trying to get hoim to return when he doesn't want to and has the county world at his feet would be futile and embarrassing.

It's embarrassin that Dizzy would sooner join Sus*** than come back to Yorkshire in my view,poor management.One can guess what some would say if summat similar happened at BDBL eg;Tufty bein allowed to leave for a club in a lower league than us,just shows some have double standards when it comes to Yorkshire and THE BLADES.UTCB

I've often referred to some posters finding it hard to comprehend simple situations and, yet again, another example is given freely.

When someone leaves a club, be it football, cricket,golf or working mens, then goes on to have 3 or 4 positions elsewhere they have not left their original employer to go directly to a lesser club.

When trying to construct a comparison to be critical, prove a point or attempt to look smart, it really is better to make meaningful comparisons on a like for like basis because, if not, the poster tends to look the very opposite of smart.

Simple for most, very,very difficult for others

I stand by my Double Standard's statement no matter how some try to dress it up.Not long nar before the Ashes start when no doubt if England get a beatin everyone bar Our Joe & Jonny will be at Fault.UTCB

Jake Ball?i hope he proves me totally wrong,but bejesus he shouldn't be starting for England,medium paced trundled,I fear the worst,hope for the best,I would take 5 days of continuous rain in Brisbane right now

Jake Ball?i hope he proves me totally wrong,but bejesus he shouldn't be starting for England,medium paced trundled,I fear the worst,hope for the best,I would take 5 days of continuous rain in Brisbane right now
    A draw would be good. Oz are unbeaten there in the last 28 tests and it's very hostile.

Did you see where Nathan Lyon, their spinner, is threatening to 'end careers'? What with, vicious turn?.

They do get a tad excited when we go over there.

I was in Melbourne in February, stood on a river bridge looking at the MCG and I did feel a bit emotional t the thought of Joe leading England down the steps on Boxing Day in front of 90,000 baying Aussies.

Hopefully he'll have enough firepower to make a fist of it but, like you, I am not inspired by some of the troops at his dispoasl and Jake Ball must be thanking his lucky stars at representing England.

Wor abart all the English folk that'll have spent good money to go over theer to watch the Cricket Blockmod? If England aren't good enuff so be it.UTCB

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast