+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Thread: All things cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    I had a chat with Graham Gooch last week..... happily not much about cricket
    No surprise there Aya.

In that partnership you'd be the cricket expert.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    No surprise there Aya.

In that partnership you'd be the cricket expert.
    What do you think Liam Plunkett has done wrong TT,he was the logical replacement for Finn wasnt he?,mind you he should have been included in the original party if you ask me,it is as if we want to handicap ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    What do you think Liam Plunkett has done wrong TT,he was the logical replacement for Finn wasnt he?,mind you he should have been included in the original party if you ask me,it is as if we want to handicap ourselves
    A question for you Blockmod,is Plunkett fit enuff to play Test Cricket? I thought he mainly played limited overs Cricket nowadays. UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    A question for you Blockmod,is Plunkett fit enuff to play Test Cricket? I thought he mainly played limited overs Cricket nowadays. UTCB
    Yes,he could bowl 4 or 6 over spells at 90 plus ,and bat well down the order and is an outstanding fielder,just cannot fathom out why he is not included

He is a better fielder and batsman than Curran as well but I think his one day performances overshadow his first class record.

Having said that he bowled as fast a spell as I have seen at Scarboro' a couple of years ago and has matured as a person and as a cricketer and , for me, should have been in the original party as you say.

BTW, has Finn ever completed any series anywhere?

I fear they are dealing Joe a poor hand as he has no real firepower, no pace and no penetration at his disposal. Even Anderson's record in Aus is patchy at best

Rashid has to be trusted by the captain yet he has had his best year in International cricket this year but Crane got the call. Wild cards generally don't work on tour and yet the selectors carry on picking them.

Apparently he's fiestier and noisier in the dressing room- I reckon the Aussies will attack him from day one. Remember Simon Kerrigan- 1 match wonder - destroyed at the Oval in his 1 and only international.

Another interesting point is that Bayliss readily admits he has seen hardly any championship cricket yet picks the squad based on figures and the opinions of others. I think, unless Joe masterminds a miracle, he could well be on his way before next summer.

I only noticed yesterday that the Ashes aren’t on Sky but if anybody is interested, I managed to get the full BT Sports package free for a year just by extending my broadband and phone contract. I’ll cancel sport in a year’s time unless they offer something else.

Looks like I’m in for a few late nights.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    I only noticed yesterday that the Ashes aren’t on Sky but if anybody is interested, I managed to get the full BT Sports package free for a year just by extending my broadband and phone contract. I’ll cancel sport in a year’s time unless they offer something else.

Looks like I’m in for a few late nights.
    Big grouse with us sky sports subscribers if it wasn't for the fact we play the best football in the championship so they've got us on regular id pack it in. It's TMS for me which is no bad thing it's best radio prog on after our commentary of course

Lookin at the tweets this morning aussies not happy with their squad looks like they're trying to make an even game of it,still fancy em on home turf tho can't get excited by our squad feel a bit sorry for joe cos he will probably carry the can bein capt

Dizzy is the new coach of Sus***,3year contract.Why dint Yorkshire fetch him back? UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Dizzy is the new coach of Sus***,3year contract.Why dint Yorkshire fetch him back? UTCB
    Just heard this,TT is the man for this,whats gone on here TT?

Just heard this,TT is the man for this,whats gone on here TT?
    Good job you've asked him cos he's fallen out wi me i think. Pity Yorks dint have a owner like we've got,who went and got his man(TUFTY) and the rest as they is History. UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 20-11-2017 at 06:46 PM.

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast