+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: All things cricket

WOW don't think we'll see better than that I'd be checking his hand for glue on the way off

Incredible

I didn't realise that he was Andy's lad. He'd have been proud of thst save.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    WOW don't think we'll see better than that I'd be checking his hand for glue on the way off

Incredible
    Saw it 'live' via the telly Bully and it was one of those moments you just don't forget. I was cursing Bressie for the ball but then, well wow.

Same sort of feeling as Michael Brown's wonder volley v the pigs.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Saw it 'live' via the telly Bully and it was one of those moments you just don't forget. I was cursing Bressie for the ball but then, well wow.

Same sort of feeling as Michael Brown's wonder volley v the pigs.
    Browny's volley is the best goal i've seen in a Sheffield derby.The technique was top top drawer,for me beats any cricket moment but i take your point on that catch bein summat very special TT.By the way it wasn't Bressie that was bowlin it was Plunkett wasn't it? UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 12-08-2017 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Browny's volley is the best goal i've seen in a Sheffield derby.The technique was top top drawer,for me beats any cricket moment but i take your point on that catch bein summat very special TT.By the way it wasn't Bressie that was bowlin it was Plunkett wasn't it? UTCB
    It was Rod, didn't check back, just assumed it was Bressie due to it being the Bressie Show last night, need to do it again today at the Foxes.

Don't see how you can say, becasue it was football, it beats any other sporting moment.A special moment is just that, special eg Seb Coe coming bak to win the 1500 metre gold in Russia, Jess powering to the Olympic gold in London, Banksie's wonder save from Pele, , Joe getting 180 odd at Lords with such style panache and grace early in his test career, Sidebottom's 3 wicket maiden in the first over v Middx to get us on the way to the bonus points to win the pennant etc etc.

I will agree re Brownie's goal, I say it is the best goal I have ever seen live, for the technique, the timing, both in the execution and in the game, the importance and the crushing of the opposition.

It is the 'specialness', the atmosphere, the occasion,the opposition that makes it so. He did virtually the same the following week v Ipswich (?) but that one's not burned into the memory.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    His colleaugues said he should have been a golfer where he would have been totally in charge of his own destiny and fortune.- and he'd probably have made one at that too.

His attitude hasn't changed much which is why he is such good value when he speaks but that wouldn't be ideal for a team sport and, a bit like eg Hoddle, he couldn't understand how thase with less ability found it so difficult.

At least we've got to a hundred- 101-8
    ROOOOOOOOOOTTTTT strikes a ton,well done to our Joe.UTCB

Yorks 173-1 off 13.4 overs,Lyth gets a ton.UTCB

Could anyone tell me what the number that each player has underneath the badge on their shirt represents please? For example Cook has the number 630.

I guessed it was that Cook (for example) was the 630th England player to be capped but the lady who used to post on here as Silverblade says it's the laundry number!

Can anybody help?

[QUOTE=silentjourneyhome;38624758]Could anyone tell me what the number that each player has underneath the badge on their shirt represents please? For example Cook has the number 630.

I guessed it was that Cook (for example) was the 630th England player to be capped but the lady who used to post on here as Silverblade says it's the laundry number!

The good Lady is pulling your proverbial SJH,the number is as you guessed

[QUOTE=BlockD;38624885]
    Quote Originally Posted by silentjourneyhome View Post
    Could anyone tell me what the number that each player has underneath the badge on their shirt represents please? For example Cook has the number 630.

The good Lady is pulling your proverbial SJH,the number is as you guessed
    Sir Geoffrey has apparently said sorry for saying He'd have to Black up to get a Knighthood.UTCB

Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast