+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Predictor 2017-18 (Week 1) - Betfred Cup, Groups G & A - Sat 15 July, 2pm

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Predictor 2017-18 (Week 1) - Betfred Cup, Groups G & A - Sat 15 July, 2pm

Six weeks after the conclusion of last season's Predictor League (and Predictor Cup) it's time to kick-off another campaign. (Six weeks! I can imagine a time when we have winter breaks nearly as long as that!)

Thanks to everyone who played last season. It ended with a photo-finish (the closest ever) - in fact, it still feels like I was too harsh to split two players that finished on the same number of points after such a long season. Bagapapa could hardly be any closer to winning without actually winning! He does have a couple of titles to his name already and I'm sure he'll be there or thereabouts at the end of this coming season.

Last year's winner, fruitloop, was contacted for a few words; "I would like to say well done to everyone involved in the push for last season's title right down to the last game. I started the season well but was shocking around mid-season, around the time of my ban, but returned to form at the right time to keep pushing for the title. All the best for the season ahead and may the best player win!"

As for this season, it'll start this coming weekend with the Betfred Cup Group Stage matches and will probably run until the end of the league season - that being the 2nd leg of the Premiership Play-off final. I have noticed that there is a bit of a drop-off of players taking part after the end of the regular league season and sometimes that feels like a natural time to end to this competition. Obviously, if Queens are involved interest is maintained. I'll probably make an announcement around about February/March next year to advise of an end-date - it'll be heavily dependent on how well we're doing on the pitch.

OK, bring on the actual football! And the very best of luck to all that take part!
    Last edited by QOS_MAD_ADMIN; 15-07-2017 at 08:36 AM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)