+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Lawrence

Lawrence will add something for sure but alone is by no means the solution. He is no doubt the man seen to replace Ince but what about replacing Hughes? Midfield has no creativity or link up play apart from Huddleston's passing range (opposition snuff that and we are bereft).

I still think we need three more inc Lawrence. A midfielder who can mix it up and a proven goal scorer IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    We do have pace in the final 3rd in vydra and weimann, russell is no slouch either,, the problem with latter two is despite being quick they have zero end product, russell is the worst case of having pace but nothing else, hes so frustratingly average. Weimann im sorry but hes not a starter, a good 20 minute sub to stretch tiring defences nothing more, and he probably belongs in league 1 along with russell imo.

Lawrence comes in then what? We still have bang average midfielders, butterback will continue to pass anywhere but forward, johnson will continue to spray it around with zero accuracy, bryson is burnt out, thorne is on his deserved 5 year break for the 5 good games he gave us in 2013-14. Our only hope is a lawrence (IF he signs), vydra and anya get a good partnership going (IF rowett sees martin is next to useless).

If we line up russell martin lawrence we'll sadly see the same results imo, and lawrence will become dissolusioned.
    That has to be a candidate for the most depressing post I've ever read. Unfortunately there is also more than a grain of truth in it. So...serious question...if Lawrence isn't going to help...what do you actually suggest, taking into account we've got about a fortnight left and other clubs aren't going to be blind to our predicament?

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    Lawrence will add something for sure but alone is by no means the solution. He is no doubt the man seen to replace Ince but what about replacing Hughes? Midfield has no creativity or link up play apart from Huddleston's passing range (opposition snuff that and we are bereft).

I still think we need three more inc Lawrence. A midfielder who can mix it up and a proven goal scorer IMO.
    Definitely need more then just Lawrence coming in to just shake things up, one player doesn't make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    Definitely need more then just Lawrence coming in to just shake things up, one player doesn't make a difference.
    The examples of Saunders, Stimac and Wanchope would suggest otherwise, but I agree...one addition is unlikely to solve all our current problems.
    Maybe the current transfer restrictions make it harder...those three individual signings all made a massive difference - like missing pieces of the jigsaw - but were all bought mid season when it was more obvious what we needed. Easier for clubs to hold us to ransom now.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 14-08-2017 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    The examples of Saunders, Stimac and Wanchope would suggest otherwise, but I agree...one addition is unlikely to solve all our current problems.
    Maybe the current transfer restrictions make it harder...those three individual signings all made a massive difference - like missing pieces of the jigsaw - but were all bought mid season when it was more obvious what we needed. Easier for clubs to hold us to ransom now.
    If we had the midfield sorted and our attack sorted and that blend was there and it was just the case of adding one addition to change the dynamic of the team then yes one addition would help but in this case of us not having that then more then one addition is needed in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I don't think the defence is too bad, and we have three attackers with the highest goals per game in the Championship, IMO its the midfield that needs work. R4J suggested Joe Ledley a few months ago, I believe he is still available, he might not be Gareth Bale but is he better than Buttercup, man-bun and Bryson? I suggest so. And he's not attached to a club, so there's no club to hold us to ransom, only an agent.

PS yes I know the man-bun has gone
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 14-08-2017 at 09:22 AM.

And with the man bun gone he has become our leading goalscorer in the league this season. Dont diss the BJ - everyone should have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Buttercup, man-bun and Bryson?
    This trio depress me, especially when I think of the cost.

We could have had Hendrick and Ince in the centre. We are so poor in this position it's painful. We need someone to come in, even if it's just a loan. I'd even have Savage back we're that bad.

Adi I've just had text Lawrence agreed to move medical being readied you heard it here first

Good call about Ledley, AF...but is he a tad injury prone?
    Please don't depress me any more Adi...maybe we should just avoid the letter 'B'!
    Are you optimistic about Lawrence, mista? Can't remember ever actually seeing him play.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)