+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeling strangely positive

Calm down freer

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Calm down freer
    Just stating the facts Bongo, -we were painful to watch last term & unless there's one hell of a transformation in Bruce's footballing philosophy (between now & 5th August) I anticipate a tidal bore of a campaign this time round

Using your comprehensive knowledge of the beautiful game

Can you name any side Steve Bruce managed that played attractive offensive football ?

No me neither

I don't think it will be pretty either freer but with a back 4 of Chester Terry Taylor and Bree/Hutton were not going to concede many goals at the back. I expect many 1-0 or 2-0 wins next season.
    If Bruse starts off like RDM did last season he will be sacked. The Dr is ruthless but if we're near the top of the league he will keep his job I'm sure.

just a friendly, not concerned

Did we create chances in the game? If not then that is cause for concern, if yes then Brucie needs to find another striker, if/when JK is injured we have nothing as proven last January.

From what I could see the problem was in the midfield Westcountry. Without the Jedi, Lansbury and Houriane hardly got past the half way line and left the forwards chasing shadows.
    It looks very disjointed in midfield and we desperately need Barry back or a fit Jedi.
    Lansbury and Houraine need to get forward where they can do damage. It's what we brought them for.

Bloody hell - I'm worried already, can't rely on Jedi for 46 games plus his international commitments at his age. GB would do a job but again not up to a full season in a very physical league.

Just caught the last few mins of the 0-0 tonight at Walsall, plenty of chances in the first half and the players looked sharp enough. Lack of goals though................

Watched the whole game with my lad, both said the same thing. Midfield is all over the place, what was the formation again? Amavi left mid then right wing then left wing then right back!!
    Should have started with RMc and hogan up front with green on the right. This midfield is looking very week and without the Jedi we could be in trouble were just too light weight! Bjuornsen playing up with gabby? WTF.
    Positives.
    Bree
    Terry
    And now I'm struggling!

Please Bruce, decide your formation, you are nearly there then add some forward tactics, all you have to do then is pick tge best player thst suits thst formation! It's not exactly rocket sciance is it.
    Severely dented tonight.😯

Lansbury at defensive midfield? I'm sure he wouldn't have signed for us knowing he was going to be stuck there.

TD. That Hayes had a few good touches. Tshibola almost didn't put a foot wrong in the 30 seconds he played. There you go TD.

I am underwhelmed by Bruce. This side will probably end up 10th again and he will be fired. Even if we do go up? What then? These players will be pointless in the top flight and will need to be replaced.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)