+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Feeling strangely positive

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    The situation with Hutton is a little bit like Ian Taylor, loads of heart and running, loved by the fans (although Hutton's not a fan) but flawed. With Hutton it's no end product and with Tayls it was loads of yellow cards due to mistimed tackles.

Tin hat on now
    Ooooooooooh mate, you'd better wear a box n all . Tayls was so much more that Hutton could ever dream of being. Don't get me wrong, I like Hutton, I love his heart, his commitment, his fight, but he's really sh1te at football. Tayls was actually a half decent footballer, a Villan, ex Holte Ender, he lived our dream by scoring for us at Wembley in a winning final.
    I used to live in Newcastle Staffs, and went out with a bank manager who handled his account when he was at Port Vale. All he would ever talk about when he was in there was the Villa (she was a vale fan). Used to piss her off cos all he ever wanted to do was work his way to Villa and never had any dreams of improving the vale. Might explain why, when he eventually 'came home' that he made the most of it. He was/is a Villa legend.
    Now go sit in the corner, you naughty blasphemer. .

Must admit cannot liken Hutton with Taylor. Have stood many times in the away end with tails and his love for the club is deep!
    Hutton is just a 100% tryer and I love that. It's an old cliché that fans will forgive any player as long as he tries! No one can knock Hutton for that.
    How spurs paid 9 million for him is laughable but when the going gets tough you need players to get going and he does!

Oh alright then!

Give Hutton his dues though, bombed out of the squad, showed a fantastic attitude and the fans have taken him to their hearts. Tayls love for the club is the same as the rest of us, a Hol****der through & through. I think Hutton loves the club too the same way the likes of Merse & McInally do, these types of player that relate to the fans are a dying breed IMO.

Tayls wins - tin hat back in the drawer.

Agreed WCV. Hutton made up for whatever he lacked with pure heart. Unfortunately almost every player put up better defensive stats when playing right back than he did (per game) conceding that they all played far fewer games so their percentages may have dropped.

Also his single assist is not going to fire up Brucey when he knows what ElMo can do.

I don't want to add to the Hutton bashing but he was also the main reason why Albrighton was never offered another contract. Marc was a far superior player before Alan joined the team then McLeish dropped Albrighton because he was always having to back track down the field to cover the huge gaps left.

As for heart and passion etc etc, the only person I have ever seen jog or dawdle back after losing possession more was Baros

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    I don't want to add to the Hutton bashing but he was also the main reason why Albrighton was never offered another contract. Marc was a far superior player before Alan joined the team then McLeish dropped Albrighton because he was always having to back track down the field to cover the huge gaps left.

As for heart and passion etc etc, the only person I have ever seen jog or dawdle back after losing possession more was Baros
    Interesting points there Sam, I can think of a lot of times last season he busted a gut to get back and put a tackle in. I do agree that going forward he looks lost once he gets to the final third, maybe players don't show for the ball as they know what's coming.

Leave the Scottish Cafu alone.pick on the Scottish fuCa instead!

See what I did there!!!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)