+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Feeling strangely positive

Well 3 signings this week, team when fit taking shape...

.........................................Johnstone .................

..................Chester...............Samba..... .......Terry

Elmo.............................................. .......................Taylor

..................Landsbury....................... Whelen.....................

Greene............................................ .................................

............................Hogan..............Kod ija...........................

Looking good as a 3 at the back, go 442 and you could swap Jedi for Samba?? now that's more balanced!!

Samba played well from what I saw vs Walsall. But, I doubt he will be a season fixture. I think this signing means that Veretout and Elphick are probably done deals.

Like.

Quote Originally Posted by ozfan View Post
    Like.
    Can't help feeling a bit sorry for Ross MacCormack! yes he crosses the line with SB but when he shows patience with Gabby and Grealish he obviously has no empathy with him!

It really does baffle me that he has been left behind from the tour in Germany, a real snub, a real message that says ...GO.
    Bruce persists with Gabby yet RM (when playing) has proven to score more goals that Gabby has done in his career every season!
    Bruce also brings with him Young Davis who quite frankly is not ready and needs to go out on loan!

This Bombing out is not healthy and I'm just hoping he has been left behind to work on his fitness or is indeed injured, it would be nice for Bruce to let us know.
    We are going to start the season with Gabby and Hogan up front who between them score a combined 2 goals last season in a villa shirt, RM doubled that even with his troubles.

I really am getting to dislike SB, I did not think he would be so pig headed not to try out Tshibola, keep faith with Elphick.
    he is keeping hold of a player who is doing everything to get out of VP in Amavi yet, he has not got a clue where to play him. He agreed a 5 year contract with Savilla, surely he should have stayed behind? and as for taking Micah Richards the Lard arse, sorry Steve but you are sending out the wrong messages!
    I hope it all works for Bruce but I really sense another mediocre season and the annual sacking beckons.

Is anyone else feeling slightly deflated with this preseason? the change of heart is based on this 'Bombing out' and just reminds me of Lamberts ways!!

Hogan and Gabby up front must strike fear into every championship team......Not!
    Last edited by TrianonDave; 23-07-2017 at 07:58 AM.

We can only assume there are things going on behind the scenes with regard to transfers out for those players that have not gone on tour. If it's a fitness thing with MacCormack (and judging from some of the photos in the pre season games it could well be) it would be nice to know.

I personally think that the success of this season will be determined by the form of Landsbury, Hourihane, Green and Grealish and their ability to turn attack into goals. It's about time they got a few. The strikers in Kodjia, Hogan and yes, even Gabby will look after themselves.

Our defence is pretty much sorted. They may be short of speed but usually experience trumps pace. Chester is no slouch though and with the protection of Jedi and Whelan (rotating their season through suspensions) they should be fine.

Of course I retain the right to change my mind once again once we concede a few goals in the next week or two!

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    We can only assume there are things going on behind the scenes with regard to transfers out for those players that have not gone on tour. If it's a fitness thing with MacCormack (and judging from some of the photos in the pre season games it could well be) it would be nice to know.

I personally think that the success of this season will be determined by the form of Landsbury, Hourihane, Green and Grealish and their ability to turn attack into goals. It's about time they got a few. The strikers in Kodjia, Hogan and yes, even Gabby will look after themselves.

Our defence is pretty much sorted. They may be short of speed but usually experience trumps pace. Chester is no slouch though and with the protection of Jedi and Whelan (rotating their season through suspensions) they should be fine.

Of course I retain the right to change my mind once again once we concede a few goals in the next week or two!
    Well we have entered some silly 45 minute merry go round friendly today. Lets see just how many chances we create or for that matter goals, with only 45 mins I would expect the players to go hell for leather!!!

ps I cannot wait to wish Ross Mac well in his new club (Sunderland) and I bet he bangs to goals in?????

Well finally Hogan gets service and scores, nice finish. Elmo adding width and quality final balls. 2 up now (Greene with the other).

Hogan again, well taken. Only playing against 2nd tier germans. Remind me what tier we are presently? Looking better, here's hoping eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    Hogan again, well taken. Only playing against 2nd tier germans. Remind me what tier we are presently? Looking better, here's hoping eh.
    If only all our games were of 45 minutes duration!!

It's 45 mins full of positives, apart from Hutton. Young guns did well. "Final" on in a bit, v Hertha Berlin. I'd imagine twill be a completely different X1.
    When is Hutton off to Wednesday? He truly is a shocking footballer.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)