shopify analytics
+ Visit Sheffield United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holmes chase over?

Holmes chase over?

Accordin to the news now pages Charlton are confident Holmes will sign a new contract they've offered.Time to move on then it seems,i wunt be suprised to learn it's been a smokescreen and we get someone else in.UTCB

Tfft.

Shame he's a good player but tufty will have back up plans if he's happy to stay there then it doesn't bother me much always want players that want to come

Disappointing that we've allowed Holmes to use us to bump up his contract down Sarf. He went to Charlton last year for the money and supposedly because he wanted to go back home. So why have we been wasting our time with him? Clearly prefers an easy life in league 1 to the challenges of the championship. Leonard on the other hand has indicated his willingness to leave in a position that we need to fill, defensive midfield. Time to increase our offer and get him signed.

All done and dusted: https://twitter.com/CAFCofficial/sta...92525188018176

I'm sure we moved onto new targets days ago.

CW is his own man, but if that had happened to me, I'm sure it would linger long in the old memory bank........

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Disappointing that we've allowed Holmes to use us to bump up his contract down Sarf. He went to Charlton last year for the money and supposedly because he wanted to go back home. So why have we been wasting our time with him? Clearly prefers an easy life in league 1 to the challenges of the championship. Leonard on the other hand has indicated his willingness to leave in a position that we need to fill, defensive midfield. Time to increase our offer and get him signed.
    Leonard has also said he expects to sign a new contract with Southend

's before ambition.

I would not drop any of our midfield for either of them.

Man bun tosser

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Leonard has also said he expects to sign a new contract with Southend
    When did he say that 58 last information I saw was him saying he expected to stay but no mention of signing new contract.

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/...ture-1-8630527

He dint say that at all LST he said I think I'll still be here which is nowt like expecting to sign an extension to a contract,I think 58 fancies himself as a bit of a journo and is getting a bit of practice in

[QUOTE=Longshortandtall;38582591]When did he say that 58 last information I saw was him saying he expected to stay but no mention of signing new contract.

You are correct. Apologies. Leonard says he expects to stay

However, add to that, their chairman in the same article says he will be offering him a new contract

"However, chairman Ron Martin has been adamant that the midfield ace - who has been named the club's player of the year for the past two campaigns - is not for sale and that he would be offered a new contract to convince him to stay in Essex."

I just hope now there is some money released by not signing Holmes we improve our bid on Leonard. If its true we've only offered 350k then upping it to 500k to get a deal over the line seems good business to me. He's 25 and got a good resale value unlike Holmes. We need to draw a line over this. If they want more than 500k then we should walk away and go for Ben Reeves just to piss Robinson off who will be feeling smug thats he's now got a player to up his own contract at our expense like he did when he pretended he wanted to be our manager.

I just hope now there is some money released by not signing Holmes we improve our bid on Leonard. If its true we've only offered 350k then upping it to 500k to get a deal over the line seems good business to me. He's 25 and got a good resale value unlike Holmes. We need to draw a line over this. If they want more than 500k then we should walk away and go for Ben Reeves just to piss Robinson off who will be feeling smug thats he's now got a player to up his own contract at our expense like he did when he pretended he wanted to be our manager.
    If Holmes dunt wanna come to BDBL that's entirely up to him,where ya got we've only offered 350k for Leonard from? I aint seen anywhere our club sayin how much the offers have been.Thank Goodness Robbo dint arrive at BDBL,i never got the clamour for him to be our gaffer.UTCB

Not sure if it came from us or them rod but I saw a figure of 300k been offered,and we've been back since so 350 sounds about right. Why go high slowly slowly catchy monkey like last season with clarke,no need to pay more than necessary

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    If Holmes dunt wanna come to BDBL that's entirely up to him,where ya got we've only offered 350k for Leonard from? I aint seen anywhere our club sayin how much the offers have been.Thank Goodness Robbo dint arrive at BDBL,i never got the clamour for him to be our gaffer.UTCB
    http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/blu...tted_to_Blues/

i think we will move on now from these 2 sure tufty has other targets

I'm happy to move on if the lad signs a contract then he's happy to stay there,hope chris feels the same I'm not fussed about players who want to come here as a 2nd choice

So it's on Sarfend's local rag? Their version of the Star.I'm not havin a dig at you mi owd but let's be r8 most of the "guessin" done last season in the media abart fees were wrong.UTCB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast