+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gylfi Sigurdsson

Gylfi Sigurdsson

Sky reporting that Everton and Leicester want him and the selling price is going to be anything between 40 and 50 big ones, I think we might as well pack up now as we are never gonna compete with these inflatory prices

Are we not "monitoring" the situation with him!?

It amazes me that all the players such as him and Antonio and a whole load of others who we "track" and then s h I t our pants at paying £3-£6 million for end up being super players for other clubs and then selling on for s h I t loads of cash.

It serves Peace and Lai right for their lack of bollox when you see how much they end up losing because they haven't the balls to take calculated risks.

Asombalonga

Will Hughes

Brereton at Forest

Vibe at Brentford

Just a few that we could've got for not stupid money who will end up doing well at big clubs in the next few seasons.

Nicky Hammond......WTF is your job remit??

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Are we not "monitoring" the situation with him!?

It amazes me that all the players such as him and Antonio and a whole load of others who we "track" and then s h I t our pants at paying £3-£6 million for end up being super players for other clubs and then selling on for s h I t loads of cash.

It serves Peace and Lai right for their lack of bollox when you see how much they end up losing because they haven't the balls to take calculated risks.

Asombalonga

Will Hughes

Brereton at Forest

Vibe at Brentford

Just a few that we could've got for not stupid money who will end up doing well at big clubs in the next few seasons.

Nicky Hammond......WTF is your job remit??
    Nick Hammond's the Head Monitor - Monitor .

"Like"

I wouldn't make the c nut milk monitor!!

Despite his age, I feel that Gareth Barry would be a good fit for Albion. He has experience and has an excellent all-round game. Many of you will say, another ageing player, but as long as we bring in some younger legs then he could do a good job for us, much as Darren Fletcher did. My major worry is that we have another poor transfer window which could make next season a difficult one.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Despite his age, I feel that Gareth Barry would be a good fit for Albion. He has experience and has an excellent all-round game. Many of you will say, another ageing player, but as long as we bring in some younger legs then he could do a good job for us, much as Darren Fletcher did. My major worry is that we have another poor transfer window which could make next season a difficult one.
    Leicesterb, I can understand where you are coming from as befits our philosophy but wouldn't it be easier to just employ some good young/youngish players that can play football and not rely on them propping up some ageing has been that struggles to last the pace...it takes too much away from their game if they have to carry anyone.

The only problem with getting young/youngish players is that the coaching staff would have to mould the team...the present indication around the club is that they are incapable of doing that and would fail badly.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)