+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Zouma

Zouma

Zouma going to stoke

Not a bad thing.

I told you that in my thread,

Chelsea want £7 to £8m loan fee.Waste of money put towards buying a player.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Chelsea want £7 to £8m loan fee.Waste of money put towards buying a player.
    Totally agree.

Scandalous...paying to improve someone other team's player...no way.

Chelsea are making a very successful cottage industry out of their youth department.

One which handsomely 'rewards' it's employees/stock before moving them/it on.

If they stay and play while boosting the 'homegrown' quota then great.

When they leave and play elsewhere there's always another academy to raid and refill their pool of talent.

They are essentially acting as landlords.

Instead of renting out property before selling on when the market's right, they're renting out talent of varying degrees and cashing in on said talent's hopes and dreams when it suits them.

Great business model or morally corrupt?

Depends which side of the fence you happen to be standing.

Liverpool and to a lesser extent Manchester City have cottoned on and are following suit.

My only real surprise is that it took them all so long to exploit the 'system' to their collective advantage.

it is a scam and something that ought to be controlled in some way.

Playing Devils advocate, but arn't we i doing the same thing to a lesser extent? Just heard on SSN that Zouma will go to Shtoke because they will pay all his wages

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    it is a scam and something that ought to be controlled in some way.
    I don't see the problem with it. Essentially it's just a 1 year contract of a player. If you paid £20 million for him and £5 million a year in wages then over a 3 year deal you have paid £35 million for the bloke. Chelsea will want about £7 million which is the equivalent of 1 years fee plus wages. With buying him you hold the risk that he does his cruciate again and you are paying for nothing and his value drops dramatically. At least with a years loan, Chelsea are taking the risk that if his cruciate goes again then he's their player and they have lost the chance to sell him for £20-30 million and they have to continue paying his wages.

It suits clubs like albion/stoke as we can't afford to take huge calculated risks like paying 80k a week for 3-4 years and a £20 million transfer fee when the player is known to be suspect to injuries. It suits Chelsea as he can continue his development and they get the fee for the year.

I don't understand what the issue is?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)