shopify analytics
+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And the new striker is.....

And the new striker is.....

Dominic Samuel
    Strong reports our 500k bid has been excepted by reading
    This has been greeted by a luke warm response on social media I myself believe this will be a good signing and will prove a good foil for Graham
    Is it enough?not really I feel we still need another striker.

A bit of a gamble, perhaps. He's had a lot of injuries, but has shown considerable promise at times. Presumably, the medical side will be looked into very carefully.

That's the thing with gambles sometimes they pay off sometimes not
    I have a good feeling about this one
    If Mowbray could add another striker on top of this one then maybe just maybe we could be in the promotion mix.

Record is very patchy and a bit injury-prone. Career stats suggest a 1 in 4 four goal average at League One level,but still developing,maybe. Too many injuries for me,but could be a good foil in the reserves,helping to develop the kids,and a reasonable bench-warmer.

Mowbray must like the lad
    500k for a benchwarmer is alot of dough
    I am optimistic on this one.

Given the inflation-busting sums involved for any quality 500,000 is probably about right for a player with an indifferent record but potential to improve. Definitely the right age,and possibility of a higher value in the future,but his injury record is alarming!
    Actually,the rise in player prices and the bumper wages some of our squad are still on,probably means we wont be decimated on quality too early -and can at least hold out for decent prices on say Lenighan,Mulgrew or Graham or hopefully not sell at all.

Just managed to watch most of the Sparta Prague game on the Internet. I have to say Whittingham, Smallwood and Dack all looked good. Tomlinson impressed in his brief role too.
    The game showed we are going in the right direction, but the need for extras in the strike-force is obvious.

That is for certain we need another striker probably 2
    Everyone could see gladwin is not a striker the concern is ever since the early bird sale has finished so has the transfer activity
    Graham will not play 46 league games we need a striker asap.

For months, I've deliberately avoided the LET comments-columns, but I had a look today, and found it's worse than ever. I don't believe in censorship, but I would be tempted in the case of many of the idiots who write there. It's almost impossible for the sensible contributors to get a good discussion going.

Quite agree aucks
    John claret won't give anything apart from putting down rovers and saying the same repeated lines
    The guy who imitates him is pretty sad and garry Stockton just dishes out abuse on a regular basis
    Mix in some other idiots walk like a duck,lancs pensioner ect ect and what you have is a complete waste of time
    Good discussions ruined within the first few comments.

Has Stokes now left,even if just on loan....?

As you say,we are painfully short of strikers, .....however,Mowbray could choose to go like del Bosque did at Spain,and play without any strikers. Not sure this makes a lot of sense,against 3rd tier teams with lots of physicality involved.

One loan striker and one more striker signing required,rather urgently really...

Yes Bob that is a minimum
    I was Hopeful of Samuel or the Newcastle guy (name escapes me)
    And Maguire who can play up top and on the wing sadly everything has gone quiet
    Has venkys tightened up or are the agents involved waiting for better offers.

Ivan Toney is the Newcastle striker or Armstrong not too bothered which both could do a job.

Mowbray has said the delay for Samuels is out of our hands
    http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...uel/?ref=fbshr

Totally agree. It's a relief to read comments from Rover's supporters without having to scroll down past numerous offensive comments. LT is becoming the local gutter press.
    Anyway, Rovers look to be progressing very well with the guiding hand of a highly respected manager at last!

Yes,welcome aboard. You do not expect people to have the same opinions,but everyone should be able to agree to disagree without degenerating into name calling!
    Back on topic,Mowbray has hopefully been sensible and cohesive so far,within the strict monetary parameters he is working. Essentially,he needs to have a plan to win games,whether that involves another tough-tackling midfielder like Smallwood to see games out,and/or some desparately needed cover for Graham who will get injured,and has probably too heavy a burden as chief(and only)main goalscorer. Incidentally,with that in mind,anyone know what has happened to Stokes,a player we should be crying out for,in this situation ?
    Last edited by Bobcrompton1896; 19-07-2017 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcrompton1896 View Post
    Yes,welcome aboard. You do not expect people to have the same opinions,but everyone should be able to agree to disagree without degenerating into name calling!
    Back on topic,Mowbray has hopefully been sensible and cohesive so far,within the strict monetary parameters he is working. Essentially,he needs to have a plan to win games,whether that involves another tough-tackling midfielder like Smallwood to see games out,and/or some desparately needed cover for Graham who will get injured,and has probably too heavy a burden as chief(and only)main goalscorer. Incidentally,with that in mind,anyone know what has happened to Stokes,a player we should be crying out for,in this situation ?
    Bob - there has to be more to the Stokes story than we have heard. It's like a missing man mystery. Even TM (who seems pleasingly open about most things) has hardly mentioned Stokes at all, despite the fact he seems an obvious choice as secondary striker.
    It makes you think it's an attitude or disciplinary problem.

Yes welcome PB3 and Rogue River This is a small board these days but remains free of idiots The dingles we have here are good chaps and give good banter not mindless drivel you will get on the LET.
    Yes we got our man but we don't want to stop there let's get caddis signed up and defiantly another striker.
    Stokes is not wanted by Mowbray and to be honest us fans
    He gets pictured kicking a football at half time for a team who is interested in you then sorry you are no longer wanted by us.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Bob - there has to be more to the Stokes story than we have heard. It's like a missing man mystery. Even TM (who seems pleasingly open about most things) has hardly mentioned Stokes at all, despite the fact he seems an obvious choice as secondary striker.
    It makes you think it's an attitude or disciplinary problem.
    That's been my suspicion for many months , virtually almost right back to his recruitment.
    Let's face it, he came in 'under a cloud' of sorts. And it seems to me that he has carried on 'his ways', within our bounds despite whoever giving him the 'benefit of doubt'.
    There is no way a guy of TM's character is going to give him the time of day, once he's shown his colours.

Glad to be on board

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Yes welcome PB3 and Rogue River This is a small board these days but remains free of idiots The dingles we have here are good chaps and give good banter not mindless drivel you will get on the LET.
    Yes we got our man but we don't want to stop there let's get caddis signed up and defiantly another striker.
    Stokes is not wanted by Mowbray and to be honest us fans
    He gets pictured kicking a football at half time for a team who is interested in you then sorry you are no longer wanted by us.
    Thanks robinrover. Caddis has now signed for us. So that's another player who should perform well in League 1. We do look like a formidable force now, but we musn't get carried away and expect the team to win every game. It will be a difficult assignment to be promoted first time, but we have a squad that looks well capable to do so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast