+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And the new striker is.....

And the new striker is.....

Dominic Samuel
    Strong reports our 500k bid has been excepted by reading
    This has been greeted by a luke warm response on social media I myself believe this will be a good signing and will prove a good foil for Graham
    Is it enough?not really I feel we still need another striker.

A bit of a gamble, perhaps. He's had a lot of injuries, but has shown considerable promise at times. Presumably, the medical side will be looked into very carefully.

That's the thing with gambles sometimes they pay off sometimes not
    I have a good feeling about this one
    If Mowbray could add another striker on top of this one then maybe just maybe we could be in the promotion mix.

Record is very patchy and a bit injury-prone. Career stats suggest a 1 in 4 four goal average at League One level,but still developing,maybe. Too many injuries for me,but could be a good foil in the reserves,helping to develop the kids,and a reasonable bench-warmer.

Mowbray must like the lad
    500k for a benchwarmer is alot of dough
    I am optimistic on this one.

Given the inflation-busting sums involved for any quality £500,000 is probably about right for a player with an indifferent record but potential to improve. Definitely the right age,and possibility of a higher value in the future,but his injury record is alarming!
    Actually,the rise in player prices and the bumper wages some of our squad are still on,probably means we wont be decimated on quality too early -and can at least hold out for decent prices on say Lenighan,Mulgrew or Graham or hopefully not sell at all.

Just managed to watch most of the Sparta Prague game on the Internet. I have to say Whittingham, Smallwood and Dack all looked good. Tomlinson impressed in his brief role too.
    The game showed we are going in the right direction, but the need for extras in the strike-force is obvious.

That is for certain we need another striker probably 2
    Everyone could see gladwin is not a striker the concern is ever since the early bird sale has finished so has the transfer activity
    Graham will not play 46 league games we need a striker asap.

For months, I've deliberately avoided the LET comments-columns, but I had a look today, and found it's worse than ever. I don't believe in censorship, but I would be tempted in the case of many of the idiots who write there. It's almost impossible for the sensible contributors to get a good discussion going.

Quite agree aucks
    John claret won't give anything apart from putting down rovers and saying the same repeated lines
    The guy who imitates him is pretty sad and garry Stockton just dishes out abuse on a regular basis
    Mix in some other idiots walk like a duck,lancs pensioner ect ect and what you have is a complete waste of time
    Good discussions ruined within the first few comments.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)