+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No Smoking

No Smoking

The Scottish Professional Football League have recently issued new Ground Regulations to every club in the Leagues.

Our Board of Directors have decided in the interests of safety and comfort for all fans attending events at Palmerston that:

“Smoking including all cigarettes, cigars, pipes and E cigarettes is strictly forbidden.”

There will be no area within the ground that smoking is permitted and should anyone leave the ground for the purpose of smoking they will not be readmitted to the ground.

Anyone found to be smoking will be ejected from the ground.

From qosfc.com

Not a smoker but this will definitely drive some fans away

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    The Scottish Professional Football League have recently issued new Ground Regulations to every club in the Leagues.

Our Board of Directors have decided in the interests of safety and comfort for all fans attending events at Palmerston that:

“Smoking including all cigarettes, cigars, pipes and E cigarettes is strictly forbidden.”

There will be no area within the ground that smoking is permitted and should anyone leave the ground for the purpose of smoking they will not be readmitted to the ground.

Anyone found to be smoking will be ejected from the ground.

From qosfc.com

Not a smoker but this will definitely drive some fans away
    Many fans that populate the terracing have for years smoked at the left - hand side looking from the players entrance

I don't reckon this will affect the attendance too much.

Oh yes it will!

yep i agree with truthhurts here ,i already know a few lads that aint going to attend like thay did every home game ,there just going to the big games now ,wont effect crowds too much but defo is going to result in a some not attending ,the support is going downhill as it is why o why do thay come out with utter crap like this makes me laugh .queens are fast becoming a sinking ship for alot of fans ,thay have already scared away the next generation of fans ,now a silly outdoor smoking ban ???
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 10-07-2017 at 11:09 PM.

At a time of dwindling crowds this is a draconian measure for those that smoke and will certainly act as a deterrent to those hooked on the tobacco. I would have liked to see what the decree from Scottish Professional Football League actually stated and if Queens had no choice but to implement a full ban and hopefully they will respond to this thread accordingly. I am a non smoker myself but I had no issues with those that needed to satisfy their cravings just to the side of the terracing and think it was a good compromise. Perhaps if the club installed a smoking shelter as is the case in some workplaces this would meet regulations but without having sight of the new rules I am only speculating but I do think this is another example of inconsideration towards the fans .

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    At a time of dwindling crowds this is a draconian measure for those that smoke and will certainly act as a deterrent to those hooked on the tobacco. I would have liked to see what the decree from Scottish Professional Football League actually stated and if Queens had no choice but to implement a full ban and hopefully they will respond to this thread accordingly. I am a non smoker myself but I had no issues with those that needed to satisfy their cravings just to the side of the terracing and think it was a good compromise. Perhaps if the club installed a smoking shelter as is the case in some workplaces this would meet regulations but without having sight of the new rules I am only speculating but I do think this is another example of inconsideration towards the fans .
    Is outside the main door of the Social Club included in the stadium ban on smoking as many fans who have paid
    good money for a sponsorship package in the upstairs lounge congregate there for a smoke !

This rule will push even more fans away from attending Palmerston . What exactly are Queens thinking about .
    I've no problem with the smokers who meet behind the floodlight at halftime . Watch crowds dip even further

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    Oh yes it will!
    I would rather watch Queens for 90 minutes than smoke for the same length of time.

albertz your missing the point ,the people that smoke aint going to stand for 2 hours at palmy gagging on there craven ,this will drive fans away ,the draconian policing queens allow have drove the younger generation away ,now the smoking ban will drive some of the older generation away ,the way things are going queens will either have a support the size of stranrear with a similar ambition ,or go out of business ,its coming to the stage where the fans have to get together and say no more ,

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)