+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: No Smoking

As a non-smoker I think this is a good idea. However I do understand why people will be affronted by it. What I don't understand quite understand: as a smoker, whilst at the cinema, do you leave halfway through a film to go for a cigarette?

Additionally people regularly comment on here about the cost of going to watch a match - to the smokers of you: how much do you spend on cigarettes/e-cig refills and how many matches could you attend if you cut back (just food for thought)?

Ultimately this appears to be part of a national drive to promote healthier living.

100% agree with smoking ban throughout the ground, frankly I thought that was already the case. Have been irritated in past by 'fly' smokers flouting the ban and wafting their fumes in my direction.

thats all good sgtsouth and edqos1 ,so to you its all acceptable ,what if the smokers vote on there feet not to attend ,left with the none smokers crowds would be down as low as 700 max atm ,the end of the club ,all because the goodie too shues none smoker has had there way again makes me laugh likes ,the authorities can go take a flying f for all i care likes .terrible selfish attitude to be taking ,the authorities need a good boot where it hurts .

In all honesty, I find it a bit much if people are talking about giving up going to Palmerston if they are not allowed to smoke. New rules and regulations come out all the time covering everything in life. Everyone might not like them, or want to abide by them, but they just have to accept them.
    For those, if there is indeed anyone, who stops going, then I feel they are simply looking for an excuse to do so as they no longer want to go and watch Queens. It is of course up to the individual what they do with their money, or how they pass their time.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    thats all good sgtsouth and edqos1 ,so to you its all acceptable ,what if the smokers vote on there feet not to attend ,left with the none smokers crowds would be down as low as 700 max atm ,the end of the club ,all because the goodie too shues none smoker has had there way again makes me laugh likes ,the authorities can go take a flying f for all i care likes .terrible selfish attitude to be taking ,the authorities need a good boot where it hurts .
    I would have to say it is more of a general society movement with smoking bans being imposed opposed to goodie too shoes. Only about 20% of the population smoke and to even say it is selfish is rather ludicrous considering the mass amount of evidence highlighting the dangers of passive smoking even in an open area due to smoke dispersion being uncontrollable.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)