+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Put the Cork back in...

Quote Originally Posted by thedonz View Post
    Is he a creator of goals? Is he a goalscoring midfielder? Is he an enforcer ?

I don't think he is any of the above so while a lot of positive things are being said about him , which is good, I will save my excitement for the time being.
    ...more of a defensive midfielder I believe.....word coming out of Swansea is that at 10mil we've been robbed - worth and happy with 5.
    So what do they say of him. A lazy player - not quick enough (head to toe) only good for the bench, a late game backup...which if he stayed at Swansea, was his main position for next season....lacks creativity , first touch is suspect, slows the play down unnecessarily...least talented in last seasons Swansea squad, and not PL quality....but tackles ok, fair in the air and a nice chap....many offers to pay for his taxi to us.

Would really like - to see us sign a player from a team where the supporters as sad to see one of their great players leave.... .

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    ...more of a defensive midfielder I believe.....word coming out of Swansea is that at 10mil we've been robbed - worth and happy with 5.
    So what do they say of him. A lazy player - not quick enough (head to toe) only good for the bench, a late game backup...which if he stayed at Swansea, was his main position for next season....lacks creativity , first touch is suspect, slows the play down unnecessarily...least talented in last seasons Swansea squad, and not PL quality....but tackles ok, fair in the air and a nice chap....many offers to pay for his taxi to us.

Would really like - to see us sign a player from a team where the supporters as sad to see one of their great players leave.... .

Agree with your last line Norder, he was seemingly good when with us last time, since then I've not really noticed him pulling up any trees.

I saw him several times last season and thought how well he would fit in with us.

I am certain we have not paid £10 million pounds for Jack but if we have so what?

The Board get slated for prevaricating and then get criticised for allegedly paying over the top to get the deals done!

As for what opposing fans think, according to Everton fans they have just had Manchester United over big time!

Let's just be happy we are adding proven top quality players into the mix and in my opinion Taylor, Walters and Cork are cracking additions and demonstrate real intent not to be involved in any sort of relegation battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

I suppose it is a whole week since we snatched young Charlie Taylor from under Dirty Leeds' noses...

Sometime you don't see things in players that others do. I'm happy to be in a minority about Cork .

If it comes off- much better than Whelan, and rumour has it that his dad likes Guinness and has got an Irish setter.....

Word in my earpiece is that this one is a done deal and Jack and his dad are off to Dublin to try the Guinness...

I'm not Cork's biggest fan tbh. We need pace and drive in midfield, and I don't think that Cork offers either. I can't see how he'd fit into a 4-4-2.

A 28yo midfield player who played for England right through from U16 to U21 and has played around 160 PL games, the sort of signing we could only fantasise about a couple of years ago. I just don't see what's not to like, so what if we pay a couple of million over the odds for him, ITVDigital is a very distant memory now, this is a club with a turnover in excess of £120m, we have money coming out of our ears.
    If we have got Taylor, Walters and Cork on board before we're halfway through July then I for one am well impressed. At long last it seems we're not going to be sending the manager into the season with one hand tied behind his back. Well done to Mr Garlick, this is how to keep a manager happy. And this fan at least.

Agreeing wholeheartedly with you twice in one week is making me feel distinctly uneasy sinkov!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)