shopify analytics
+ Visit Sheffield United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Olympic Stadium

Olympic Stadium

Visited it for the first time last Sunday to watch the athletics.
    Its a great stadium but in no way it is a football stadium, and it never will be.

Used to think the Spammers had pulled a(nother) fast one by getting it - now just laughing at them because its not somewhere I would want to watch the Blades more than once a season.

25 days and counting...........

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    Visited it for the first time last Sunday to watch the athletics.
    Its a great stadium but in no way it is a football stadium, and it never will be.

Used to think the Spammers had pulled a(nother) fast one by getting it - now just laughing at them because its not somewhere I would want to watch the Blades more than once a season.

25 days and counting...........
    My lad can see that ground from his flat,he gives it the rods every day,he has been brought up well

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    My lad can see that ground from his flat,he gives it the rods every day,he has been brought up well
    Ha ha - sounds like he's had a decent upbringing Actually I was really impressed with the area around the stadium - lots going on - will definitely visit again - but honestly, that place is not a good venue for football. SHAME!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    Ha ha - sounds like he's had a decent upbringing Actually I was really impressed with the area around the stadium - lots going on - will definitely visit again - but honestly, that place is not a good venue for football. SHAME!
    Nice shopping centre though

In fairness, I liked the little trick where the stadium started turning from claret and blue to pure white with half an hour to go in most of their home games last season. Credit to the Spammers, it must have taken some coordinating that.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    In fairness, I liked the little trick where the stadium started turning from claret and blue to pure white with half an hour to go in most of their home games last season. Credit to the Spammers, it must have taken some coordinating that.
    See this is why we need a like button,for posts like this,we were down there the day they lost 0-3 to Southampton,thousands were pouring out of the ground,at what i thought was the full time whistle,turns out it was 25 minutes from time!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    See this is why we need a like button,for posts like this,we were down there the day they lost 0-3 to Southampton,thousands were pouring out of the ground,at what i thought was the full time whistle,turns out it was 25 minutes from time!!
    It happened so often Blocky it had its own Twitter feed in the end. Maybe they had a bus to catch, it must be hard supporting a club in another team's back yard?

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    It happened so often Blocky it had its own Twitter feed in the end. Maybe they had a bus to catch, it must be hard supporting a club in another team's back yard?
    We got chatting to a couple of West Ham fans in the Goldengrove Wetherspoons after the game,they were not happy about leaving Upton Park at all,they had both considered just going to away games,but couldnt bring themselves to do such a thing